Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new (about 500 rounds thru) Beretta P4X Storm .40 SW. It has been a good gun with no problems except 1 failure to eject in the first 50 rounds. Since then it has been flawless. It does have one fault that annoys me and I would like to fix.

I reload both 9mm and .40 SW also in 30-30 rifle. I shoot light target loads for all, near the bottom of the load data and all work well except for the Beretta.
When I fire this gun it ejects the case 15-20 feet behind and to the right of me. This happens with both factory loads and hand loads. Normally this is not a problem unless one reloads and wants to collect the spent brass. I become difficult at a crowded range when the booths or tables are full of people. I wind up only collecting about 50% of the brass. Also I am pelting others with hot brass that are many feet away minding their own business. I have never seen a pistol eject cases like this before.
I have not sent it back to Beretta as reloads are involved they wouldn't want to touch it and it is not really broken, just too much of a good thing.
Is this something a local gunsmith can take of or something I can do?
Advice is welcome to tone this gun down.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
unless you are SAAMI certified never tell a manufacturer you were shooting reloads. even though i'm sure you know what you are doing, they will say that reloads voids warranty.

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
It's doing what it was designed to do get expended brass the hell out of the way.

During a gun fight expended brass is as useful as used toilet paper.

Don't fix what ain't broke...;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts