Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I have related on these pages before, I had lost the yoke retaining screw/spring/pin on a 85ul. Well 10 ays after I ordered the part, an envelope arrived today. Only had 1 of the 3 pieces.

I called Taurus, waited the required 10 min on hold. Once again the girl was very nice(I think they only have one person answering phones) explained myself, calmly, she appologised and said I should see the whole order in a couple days.

I'm not mad yet. Mistakes I understand. Lets see....

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Hang in there. They'll get it right and you'll be up and running in no time.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Hang in there. They'll get it right and you'll be up and running in no time.
I agree totally! They will undoubtedly make it right. They are great folks up there! I bought a model 94 .22lr once, and like a dummy didn't really inspect it before I left the shop. It was missing the rear sight blade insert. My fault for not looking it over the. I picked it up. I was I. A hurry, and merely glanced in the box. I called Taurus and they sent one out for Me at once. Put it in, and it has been 100% since. They will fix you up. I promise! They really do try hard

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Taurus has a bit of a disadvantage in that some of their parts may come from Brazil. I would call back and make sure they are not back ordered. Their replacement parts are very cheap. Sometimes they are so cheap that the shipping costs more than the part. What I usually do is stock pile some of the parts that I may more than likely loose or need to replace: Side plate screws, yoke screw and assembly, thumb latch screw, firing pin retaining pin etc. or buy two of whatever I order . If you get super annoyed wait until later in the day (they tend to be really busy earlier in the day) call and ask for Robert or Christian the managers of CS and politely tell them your concern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts