Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not necessarily desperate, but indications are that I will be if there’s no improvement in product availability, so as **** Jagger sang, You can’t always get what you want! I ordered 1000 bullets, 38 Super, 121gr JHP .356” diameter. I’m guessing if I can load Berry’s plated, which are .356” I should be able to develop some loads for a jacketed bullet the same diameter. If I use 124gr JHP recipes I may find something in the mid range that works for me.

I recall posting about 4 boxes of 38 Super ammo that I bought in error a decade ago. Advice from multiple parties was to break it down and use the projectiles for 9mm range fodder. Guessing this is a similar scenario. Of course, I still haven’t broken down the loaded 38 Super ammo...who knows? I may obtain a sweet 1911 in that caliber one day...just so I don’t waste that ammo. Ji ji ji.

Load length may be an issue, due to the 38 Super profile versus 9mm, so I’ll err to the softer side while I work things out (assuming the bullets actually ship).

I’ve been advised that RMR accepts back orders on their in house manufactured 9mm in varying configurations with 3 week delay. I may go that route, none of my regular sources appear to take orders on out of stock items.

·
Registered
36,650 Posts
If you'll shoot plated bullets Xtreme has 124gr. in stock...for now.

https://www.xtremebullets.com/9mm-124-RN-p/xc9mm-124rn-b0500.htm
CAREFUL with Extreme and being in stock!
I ordered a few thousand projectiles form them a few months back and they showed all three projectiles as in stock.
when i didn't recieve them in like 2 weeks I called and they said they were processing the order, another 2- 3 weeks went by and I actually forgot about them and ordered berry from Midway, I think it was like 7 weeks after the Extreme order i got an e mail wantign me to contact the credit card company to reauthorize the charge as it had been so long.
I contacted them and said thanks but no thanks!
I had already received the Midway order about 8 days after ordering.
I like Extreme product but i have to say their service with my last 2-3 orders has really hit near the bottom for me.

Reactions: markr6754

·
Registered
36,650 Posts
I load 115, 124, 147, 130 projectiles for my 38 Thupper, both in round nose, hollow point and flat point.
quite honestly I load all the 124 , 115 exactly the same--powder, OAL and they run great in all 4 of my weapons chambered in that caliber.
this is almost always a plated projectile.
I make no distinction between projectiles for my 38 Super and my 9 MM, I do prefer a 124 grain however, just personal preference as accuracy is virtually impossible to tell apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,062 Posts
121 gr JHPs are fine with 9mm loads. Load based on 124 gr plated. I have a box of 124 gr JHPs that I load for my pt709 and son in laws pt92fs. I actually prefer a heavier round for my 709 so I run with 147 gr XTPs.
9mm is pretty flexible from about 80 gr sintered up to 150 gr boowits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts