Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that I've grossly underestimated the capacity of some on this forum to recognize sarcasm, and as a consequence I've managed to put more than one members panties in a bunch.

It has never been my intention to upset anyone on this forum, but it seems all too easy to do.

Today I was told I'm disrespectful, among other things, and at least partially the cause of a thread being closed.
In recent days I've been accused on this forum of insulting a moderator.

In light of this I've decided to drastically curtail my participation here.
I've enjoyed most of my time here...,

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
I support your choice sometimes it's just not worth it.

Reactions: tucker368 and oso

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
I missed the party again...

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Well, you will be missed. A hand slap is not such a bad thing.

·
Super Moderator
35,686 Posts
That is a huge problem with the written word as we lose voice inflections and physical actions/expressions which help convey sarcasm and cynicism. I know of which I speak as I dearly love to employ both..

As Peyton Manning would say, rub some dirt on it and get back in the fray. ;)

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Yeah. What Czechbikr said! If you're not sure if your comments may or may not be taken the wrong way, employ lots of smileys!
But, don't leave! Stick around. ;)

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I got the "nothing to see here, move along" reference. I saw nothing offensive. I know when I post something that someone else has already posted, I just think "aww, dang, I wanted to be the one who broke the news!"

But that's it. I don't get all "teste" about it.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
It appears that I've grossly underestimated the capacity of some on this forum to recognize sarcasm, and as a consequence I've managed to put more than one members panties in a bunch.

It has never been my intention to upset anyone on this forum, but it seems all too easy to do.

Today I was told I'm disrespectful, among other things, and at least partially the cause of a thread being closed.
In recent days I've been accused on this forum of insulting a moderator.

In light of this I've decided to drastically curtail my participation here.
I've enjoyed most of my time here...,
I'd like to hear the who, when and where on that. PM me if you like

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Finally a thread where I'm somewhat of an authority. :D I've had my hands slap on lots of different forums usually because someone doesn't have the same type of humor as I do.

You may also notice that I give some people more of a hard time there others. 95% of them, I've met in person so they know that I'm kidding. Poor Kruizer gets it a lot and probably deserves it the least. When I met him he was extremely helpful to me and my son and I will also be thankful that I met him. :thumb:I kid MG about his wife, but not before talking with him offline.

My point is, if you've offended someone, send them a PM. Work it out, carry on and as Czechbikr said rub some dirt on it.:D

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
I try and use the universal (or at least MadKaw approved, I think it is any way :D) colour of sarcasm... which just so happens to be TH's favorite colour! :D :D :D

·
Registered
29,757 Posts

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Maybe the easier question would be: what exactly do you agree on?
Well theres.... uhhh ohh yeah there's........

I'll get back to you! :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts