Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well People i bought a 24/7 pro ss today and i went to the local firing range and shot about 90 rounds (.45) well the problem is i bought 100 rounds. This gun is new not used it seems that when i would pull the slide back and manually exspell the round on the back of the "un-shot" round you can see where the firing pin has hit the bullet but they did not go off now i know im using monarch ammo cheap stuff but thats all my local academy had and i only had about 1 hour before the range closed so not time to run around ( Houston traffic) does any one have any ideas??????????

ammo maybe(I hope this is the problem)
or do i need to send it in

·
Registered
846 Posts
Not trying to be smart, but did you strip and clean the gun first? Having 2 .40's and getting back into this I shot several brands for the brass, price and practice. I shot one box of these and had no problems other than being awfull dirty and not as accurate I felt. Clean it, clean out firing pin with spray cleaner or solvent and air, lube it and try again.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Even if it was on display and externally cleaned by the shop, I would bet that the internals had the shipping lube. I know we cleaned for about an hour to get the inside of my first PT111 ready to fire. Of course cheap dirty ammo would only clog up that lube more.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well people I cleaned my .45 for about an hour or so i did notice that in my rushing manner to fire my new pistol i missed a little packing grease being that it was new and i will never ever buy monarch in the .45 cal
i had no problems with my sisters .40/357 sig Glock with the monarchs but i guess my 24/7 is a picky eater
not only that but at wally world (wal-mart) they carry UMC Remington 50 packs for $14.87 thats $1.50 more than i payed for the monarchs and my 24/7 didnt even studer i put about 35 rounds thru it.

Also does anyone have any say on a good 230 gr. hollow point

and to runninONempty i live in NW Houston

·
Registered
17 Posts
texasmaan said:
Well people I cleaned my .45 for about an hour or so i did notice that in my rushing manner to fire my new pistol i missed a little packing grease being that it was new and i will never ever buy monarch in the .45 cal
i had no problems with my sisters .40/357 sig Glock with the monarchs but i guess my 24/7 is a picky eater
not only that but at wally world (wal-mart) they carry UMC Remington 50 packs for $14.87 thats $1.50 more than i payed for the monarchs and my 24/7 didnt even studer i put about 35 rounds thru it.

Also does anyone have any say on a good 230 gr. hollow point

and to runninONempty i live in NW Houston
Texasmaan:

A good source for .45 ammo is at Walmart on 249 & Spring Cypress or Wal-Mart on 1960 just before 290. They have Blazer Brass for 9.47/box of 50. I don't notice it being any dirtier than WWB, and functions flawlessly.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Would go cheap on hollowpoint. That's the round you will use for self defense.
Look at the factory reload section, quote by NYPD in AZ;

I'd recommend any type of ammo that is bonded such as the Gold Dots, Federal Tactical Bonded, or Winchester Ranger T-Series. These 3 make up the majority of ammo that LE agencies issue to their officers. You can't go wrong when choosing police ammunition.

·
Registered
846 Posts
So it's doing better after cleaning? Anyone should clean a gun before shootin. Some may do different to "protect" for shipping, etc. Just clean it ! People buy um, shoot um, and don't know. I did forget to tell you acadmey told me the Monarch was a rebuilt ammo, That is was what I told.
Keep it clean, and have fun, you will do fine. Good shootin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts