Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just ordered my first 1911 and no its not a taurus. Almost got one but didnt. I went with a Rock Island Armory 51435 TAC 1911 FS from buds guns. I paid 489 after everything was said and done. I know a few guys here have ria's so I was just wondering how I did on the price

·
Registered
24,539 Posts
That is about what they selling for up in this part of the country.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Kinda late about that, isn't it?:confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for the record, I posted here because I'm part of this forum. I have taurus guns and have been seriously thinking about going with the pt1911. And probably still will. And secondly, it seems like people here on taurusarmed are much more accepting and not as stuck up like on other forums

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
for the record, I posted here because I'm part of this forum. I have taurus guns and have been seriously thinking about going with the pt1911. And probably still will. And secondly, it seems like people here on taurusarmed are much more accepting and not as stuck up like on other forums
What I meant was since this was a new thread, it would have been better placed in the "Other Handguns" section. I am Charlie. :eek:

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
So do most of us. We believe in freedom of choice. I have guns from many makers other than Taurus, but they make good products and the complaints are just as common on other sites as here. There a few good-natured Glock knockers around here though! :D :p

Reactions: elPescador

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Sounds like you did fine to me.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
So I just ordered my first 1911 and no its not a taurus. Almost got one but didnt. I went with a Rock Island Armory 51435 TAC 1911 FS from buds guns. I paid 489 after everything was said and done. I know a few guys here have ria's so I was just wondering how I did on the price

Well now that you have bought your first 1911 welcome to the club but be warned 1911's demand the company of other 1911's

1GI .jpg

Reactions: lazyluke

·
Registered
36,087 Posts
Well now that we have all gotten out pants out of our A$$ and such.
Not sure of the model (and don't want to look it up) but heres 2 Rocks that I got, the tactical is a 45 acp government size that I paid about 415 for If I remember right, the grips of course are after market, the other Is a Rock Tactical II in 10 MM and paid just under 600 for it and its al factory stock.
Both pretty good shooters, but the tactical in 45 took a bit of trigger work to get where I liked it, both run beautifully and are reliable, warranty by Armscor is great.
enjoy the weapon.

Attachments

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Man, some of you guys are a little testy:shocked: on this thread, lighten-up and be the ambassadors that TA.Net is noted for.

Rocks are very good weapons in their market range, you should get a lot of enjoyment out of it. The price you paid was fair.

Have fun and shoot often!:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
My father has a Rock Island and loves it. Had it for years. He doesn't shoot it as much now because his wrists arent what they used to be.

As far as owning non-Taurus items, I think most people here own multiple brand names. I have a pt1911, and the wife has a Para Ordnance 1911 Expert. We like em both, shoot em both.

·
22,034 Posts
Just because we accept all makes doesn't mean we don't like pictures. Just sayin'. :D

All the 1911s made in the Phillipines are good to great guns!

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 20 of 44 Posts