Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up a few things that may become scarce in the near future. PSA had a sale on PMags, so I have ten being delivered today. I also picked up a folding stock (brace) for my CZ Evo Scorpion micro, and 10 30 round mags for it. Finances permitting, I'll likely pick up a few cases of ammo over the next several weeks.

Anyone else stocking up?

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Nope. Already stocked pretty well.

·
Administrator
39,366 Posts
I have plenty, but shoot as often as I can. I’m always picking up a box or two of certain ammos when a store I happen to be in sells ammo. I try to maintain a certain level. I ordered a 1,000 rounds of 9mm last week that should be here today. I won’t buy any more 9mm until my inventory gets low again.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Well due to finances I'm holding off. Frankly I'm more worried about my own state at this point. Virginia Republicans have a very narrow margin at the state house. I believe a margin of one in the house and two in the senate or vice versa. If we lose that margin this November Virginia will go from a pretty gun friendly state to New Jersey overnight. It is guaranteed that Governor Ralph (Blackface) Northam will introduce draconian gun bills in the first month. So the day after the election, if that happens, I will find the money to stock up on a lot of items.

Ironically the Virginia Constitution is even more stringent on our behalf than the US Constitution. It states:

Section 13. Militia; standing armies; military subordinate to civil powerThat a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Can't get much clearer than that.

·
Registered
522 Posts
There is a gun show this weekend not too far from me. I used to go each quarter but have not gone for a few years. I am going this weekend mostly to see what AK mags. I can find.

·
Super Moderator
13,766 Posts
I'll see what the budget has after we pay a few bills, but I'd like to get a few more mags and some more ammo.

I see you have your anti-gravity machine working again..
I thought we had that anti-grav machine locked up next to Bender's time machine! (Old running gag, for you newer members.)

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I'm picking up a few things that may become scarce in the near future. PSA had a sale on PMags, so I have ten being delivered today. I also picked up a folding stock (brace) for my CZ Evo Scorpion micro, and 10 30 round mags for it. Finances permitting, I'll likely pick up a few cases of ammo over the next several weeks.

Anyone else stocking up?
Always a good idea to buy "a few more" of everything!

As some other folks have said, I buy when I can afford. It doesn't take much to add up to a few hundred dollars on reloading supplies. Then after that I try to buy some factory ammo to leave the other supplies untouched. It ain't easy.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,349 Posts
Need to pick up a few things, not much really...................

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
No panic, just making sure that my component supply will be there when all else is gone. Some might consider me paranoid, but I'm at a stage that shotgun shells are on my "must stockpile" agenda.

·
Super Moderator
13,766 Posts
I'm at that stage where every caliber I own is on my "must stockpile" agenda.

·
Premium Member
12,510 Posts

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
That antigravity stuff messes with my old eyes so I edited his picture. View attachment 447407
Thanks for straightening the pix up. Foo-Fighters or Gremlins got into the laptop again and nothing I tried worked.

When you use a John Deere Gator to haul your mags to the range may be a clue you've reached the "no worries about stock piling" stage.

·
Registered
14,589 Posts
After the boating accident I threw the ammo cans in to mark the location so I can prepare a salvage operation when the funds come in. It's a shame really, I just replaced all the rubber seals on those cans too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts