Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
35,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it was only me and PlanoMark but it was kind of a shootout. :D We went to an indoor range in Plano, and went shooting. I brought my PT145, my 455, and my Rossi 720. Mark brought two 1911's, a Ruger LC9, and a PT938 in 38 Super.

The LC9 shot alot like my Keltec PF9 - long stiff trigger pull but does what it's asked to do. Mark's PT938 is nice. We started having issues with one of the mags, but the other mag functioned perfectly and it shoots pretty much to POA.

Of the two 1911's Mark brought, I started an illicit relationship with his Springfield Range Master. I was consistently putting up 2 - 3 inch groups with it. It was all I could do to keep myself from stashing it in my range bag when we were done......terrific shooter. I'm very envious.

I also collected all the brass I could get my hands on. Hopefully I've got enough to reload some more. :)

All in all, a great range session. I'm hoping we might be able to get more guys together sometime soon for a real TA.net shootout. :)

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Hopefully one of these day Sujofox and I will have a go at it in the backyard.
He's just down the road apiece from me.

Come to think of it, I believe there are a couple more on here that are not that far from me either.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Okay, it was only me and PlanoMark but it was kind of a shootout. :D We went to an indoor range in Plano, and went shooting. I brought my PT145, my 455, and my Rossi 720. Mark brought two 1911's, a Ruger LC9, and a PT938 in 38 Super.

The LC9 shot alot like my Keltec PF9 - long stiff trigger pull but does what it's asked to do. Mark's PT938 is nice. We started having issues with one of the mags, but the other mag functioned perfectly and it shoots pretty much to POA.

Of the two 1911's Mark brought, I started an illicit relationship with his Springfield Range Master. I was consistently putting up 2 - 3 inch groups with it. It was all I could do to keep myself from stashing it in my range bag when we were done......terrific shooter. I'm very envious.

I also collected all the brass I could get my hands on. Hopefully I've got enough to reload some more. :)

All in all, a great range session. I'm hoping we might be able to get more guys together sometime soon for a real TA.net shootout. :)

Ya know, its just plumb rude to use a fellow's Springfield Range Officer and out shoot him with it. And embarassing.:D
I kept my eye on you when we were packing up.

At least we didn't have to use too many targets since you kept hitting the same hole. :)

In all seriousness, I had a great time with you. Hard to believe that it has been almost a year since the last time we shot. It is good to share guns and info with fellow Taurus people in person. I hope that we do get more North Texas TA involved in these get-to-gethers.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I wish social events like this, or just meeting at a restaurant or coffeehouse and just chat would be great. Texastaurusguy, and I am sure others, was great to talk to, compare notes, talk guns, etc. It is hard to do with hearing protection and gunfire.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Administrator
35,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish social events like this, or just meeting at a restaurant or coffeehouse and just chat would be great. Texastaurusguy, and I am sure others, was great to talk to, compare notes, talk guns, etc. It is hard to do with hearing protection and gunfire.
I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Folks just getting together from time to time to talk guns, 2A, and other stuff would be alot of fun.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Sounds like a great time, and a great idea for future 'events'. I'm in for anything around the DFW area.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
I'm glad y'all had a good time!

·
Registered
29,777 Posts
Glad yall had fun!

Keep me posted as well, I'd love to go shooting or grab a cup of coffee!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good times... :guns:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Sounds like a blast, if you'll pardon the pun. :)

I'd really like to do the same thing with the NW FL/SE AL TA.net shooters. The local range rats will have to suffice in their absence, though. :)

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Has anyone ever arranged a TA shootout in the Houston - Galveston - Beaumont area?
Not that I know of. There's a few guys here at Taurus Armed from the Katy area that post threads about shooting every now and then.

I personally get limited by the on-call nature of my work. Like today doing a day job in San Antonio and finishing a prior job in Katy on the way back in on I-10. It's so hard to predict what I going to do next, I usually have to shoot in between jobs if I sense that the chance might happen.

·
Administrator
35,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not that I know of. There's a few guys here at Taurus Armed from the Katy area that post threads about shooting every now and then.

I personally get limited by the on-call nature of my work. Like today doing a day job in San Antonio and finishing a prior job in Katy on the way back in on I-10. It's so hard to predict what I going to do next, I usually have to shoot in between jobs if I sense that the chance might happen.
Yes, Chico and I are going to go shooting the next time he's here but he hasn't been back in awhile. Then again maybe it was my deodorant...... :eek: :D

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Yes, Chico and I are going to go shooting the next time he's here but he hasn't been back in awhile. Then again maybe it was my deodorant...... :eek: :D
You know, when we met a couple years ago(?), I was supplanted in that area by a guy we hired that actually knew what he was doing. That guy told me today he had put in his two week notice. You never know, I might get some work up there in the future! :icon_ banana:

·
Administrator
35,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If that happens Chich, let me know ahead of time and we'll set up some range time with some North Texas TA guys. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts