Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know you can oc in nc but have heard that if you have a cc permit you have to conceal your weapon and can not oc. anyone know?

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Check out handgun law..

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Yes, you can carry openly with a concealed carry permit. Many cities and towns have
ordinances have laws restricting open carry so it would be best to open carry in rural
areas. I would never open carry in Wake County, especially in Raleigh and the other
towns here. There are too many liberals and people with hoplophobia around here
who would call 911 and report a man carrying a gun to make it worth my time.

I do open carry sometimes when I'm on private property and around friends who
feel the same way about the Second Amendment that I do.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
North Carolina is an open carry state. It's the rule of the land. CC is for those willing to go the extra step.

I carry both ways depending on where I am and what I am doing.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
There is no law that says you have to conceal just because you have a CC permit.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I open carry when working outside , fishing, or something like it. I generally conceal carry anywhere else.

NC enforces the "to the terror of the public" common law and don't want the hassle. I have already dealt with it once, the deputy was cool about it though, even apologetic for stopping me, said I was doing nothing wrong, didn't even ask my name. Said he had to respond because they got the call.

Unlike the lady in Statesville a year or so ago. She was arrested. Never did hear how that came out.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Yup...N,C is an open carry state...same laws apply to OC that apply to CC....I too CC the greatest majority of the time, just my preference.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I go to some businesses that ban cc but allow oc IE sign says " no concealed weapons" I tuck my shirt behind my1911 and goon in. I don't open carry much when in the tourist areas of the outer banks. I have never had a problem with oc

Reactions: dadillac

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I open carry in NC everyday. The Lincoln County area. I usually look up on the net of any problems in a particular place or store I'm going in. If there's a sign on the door, I go back to my car and never return. So far, never anything but positive input from others in the store.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
i know you can oc in nc but have heard that if you have a cc permit you have to conceal your weapon and can not oc. anyone know?
I don't know where that comes from, but I have heard that before also. I read through the laws and there is nothing to support the idea. I have my SC CWP and open carry in NC from time to time as well.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
The wording and law has changed in NC and it states that we now have a legal right to CC in restaurants that serve alcohol. Nothing in the law mentions OC. Is OC also legal in alcohol serving restaurants? Most gun laws are now only mentioning CC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts