Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been keeping up with my fired round count and just today I fired the 1,000th round through my 608. I've noticed that the tolerances of the cylinder (side to side and front to back) have gotten somewhat looser now. Not what I'd call "sloppy", but definitely looser than when I bought it new a few weeks ago. Is this what one might expect after firing about 800 .38s and 200 .357s through it? Thanks!

Amistad

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Holy crap!!! 1000 rounds in a few weeks? I would expect it to loosen up a bit just from normal metal on metal wear.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Definitely what I call wear and tear, you should expect it to be a little bit looser, but not so much that the wiggle will put it out of time. You can take it to a smith to see if it needs special attention, but you have to realize that a mechanism like a revolver will wear out after hard use, but it's nothing a little tuning could fix.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I've been shooting this bad boy a lot as I've worked up loads in .38 and .357 for it. Now that I have settled on a couple of sweet loads for each caliber, I'll not be shooting it as much.

I expect that this is indeed normal wear and tear and it's not to the degree that it is something to become alarmed about...

Amistad
'loving this 608!' ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts