Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello and welcome! Nice pics!! How do you like the "ribber" grips? I thought (for me) they felt a little soft so I bought the Hogue grips and love them. A little more solid with the fingergrips in there. Just curious, how of the recoil on the .41 magnum with the ports?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the ribbers are a little soft, but I like them as they seem to pad the recoil. I do like the feel of the houges better though. The pop of the 41 is not to bad, but it does make my trigger finger numb and tinggly the next day. The lower grain 41's are not to bad on recoil though... I just got the 357 yesterday so I have not fired it yet, but looking forward to it :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Same to you- I really like that 1911. I would like to get one of those one of these days....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Your gonna LOVE that .357. Very comfortable to shoot. Thats my gun too. I love it. With .38 specials you can hardly feel anything. I usually pop about 20 or 30 .357's and then move over the .38 for a lot of practice. Cheaper that way ;D You know what? my hands tingle a bit too after a day at the range. They never used to but I think it's cuz I got old or something :eek:... maybe just the way I shoot though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok... This is my first 357, so you can put 38 spcl thru it too?? I did not know that :???:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
It's a regular PT 1911SS with Pachmayr American Legend grips. I had to do a little modification to the opposite side to make it fit with the safety.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dmanbass said:
You know what? my hands tingle a bit too after a day at the range. They never used to but I think it's cuz I got old or something :eek:... maybe just the way I shoot though.

The 41 is the only one that does that! No tingle finger with my XD 45 or PTi9mm

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
paulrabe78 said:
It's a regular PT 1911SS with Pachmayr American Legend grips. I had to do a little modification to the opposite side to make it fit with the safety.
It looks good- very unique! I have got to save up and get me one. I bought the 357 and the XD last month so the piggy bank is busted...

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Great looking eye-candy guys, thanks for sharing.
:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry - I forgot to post the Wifes carry 9mm. I can't forget "little-bitt"
:p

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
afrats said:
I want that 357 for my next gun.
I want a 1911 and a Raging Bull 41MAG for my next. Those Fed Rebate checks can't get her fast enough... ;D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts