Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all I'm a new guy here, born and raised in rural South Florida, smack-dab between Lake Okeechobee and The Everglades aka The Muck i grew up around guns and always had an interest in them, but never owned any handguns or even shot many and just stuck with my ol' 12 ga pump for home defense. Got a pretty good paying job with a paid-off truck, no wife, and no kids. So I've got a little disposable income and figured I need a new hobby. Decided I'd get into guns because there's a lot to learn (which I love to do), you can never have too many, it's a right to bear arms which we should take advantage of considering all the blood shed to defend the Constitution, and I believe in the old saying "two things that hold their value are guns and gold".

So I intend to do some research, shoot, and buy some different guns for different occasions. But in the meantime I decided I'd buy a firearm that would be functional for home/truck defense, is low maintenance, and you didn't need to be a Navy SEAL to shoot. So last week after much research I bought a Public Defender Poly in SS. After a few days of holding it I finally got a chance to go to the woods and shoot it. I loved it! Very fun, easy to shoot, and although I'm a big man with big hands the short grip still felt great! I actually have a specific question/concern about it that I couldn't find any definitive answers for around the web, but I'll post that in a Judge-specific board. Just wanted to say hello and I look forward to learning a thing or two from y'all

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Welcome to the forum from VT

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey man, welcome from the moonshined hills of WV, and you came to the right place to help you slide along your new learning curve - the folks around here know their stuff.

Nice intro, and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Central Iowa

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa. You picked a good forum(the best of the best!) to join!

·
22,058 Posts
Welcome from Griffin Ga.

I have spent some time in Okeechobee growing up. Used to have family there.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.:wave:

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Howdy and Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Administrator
40,089 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts