Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read several post about people avoiding places where they cant CCW. While thats good, sometimes that isnt an option. So with that said, what are some of your non lethal options? I am TOTALLY against mace because more than likely you are going to catch it too especially if its the good stuff. Contact tasers are okay but you have to get pretty close and even then you will only have a few seconds. I gave my wife a cold steel honeycomb brush and she loves it but I havent decided on what I want. Im thinking about a quality springloaded knife or something similar. And as always, working to keep myself in shape to fight off an attack if at all possible. What do you guys normally use?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Be sure to check your state laws on the nonlethal options. Sometimes, the laws are weird and are fairly severe. In many cases you can carry a firearm before you can carry certain options.

·
Banned
134 Posts
I'm just a freaking outlaw, I guess. while it might be their "property", THEY aint defending me, so I have no choice but to ccw against the rules. Tough stuff.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm just a freaking outlaw, I guess. while it might be their "property", THEY aint defending me, so I have no choice but to ccw against the rules. Tough stuff.

I don't know where you live, but in Texas there are several places, to include bars, schools (yeah, those gun free zones), courthouses, amusement parks, and more where a CHL holder cannot carry his handgun. We're not talking someone's home. Get caught in one of these places, and you will be charged with a crime and lose your license.

·
Administrator
35,793 Posts
I don't know where you live, but in Texas there are several places, to include bars, schools (yeah, those gun free zones), courthouses, amusement parks, and more where a CHL holder cannot carry his handgun. We're not talking someone's home. Get caught in one of these places, and you will be charged with a crime and lose your license.

Yep - exactly right. Trying to sound like a tough guy is one thing - losing your license is another.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I always have a knife on my person, and in the car there is a childrens sized(easier to conceal and use with one hand) wooden baseball bat. I also workout at an MMA gym 1-3 times a week depending on time constraints. Knowing how to handle yourself in a fight situation is almost as good as being armed in most places that you cant carry anyways.

Reactions: Old_Sp5

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Right on, of course. I sometimes wonder if the Texas CHL licensing have actually reduced the number of carrying citizens. funny thing though, growing up I remember a time when it seems every Texan had a firearm handy. A truck without a shotgun rack was odd in my part of the state. I remember my Dad saying that most of the cars and trucks on the road had " a little something " in the glove box. But that's just my old Texas memory.

Anyhow, we're all legal now and I agree 100% that you got to be careful. I teach p/t at local colleges, and the campus cops all know me, and I could probably keep a piece locked in my trunk. But I don't do it. It would be the one day that a newly-minted rookie would decide to take a look. So I leave it at home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts