Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last issue of American Rifleman had a review of something called an ARES SCR. Regular rifle stock (apparently to help with those pesky non-compliance things like pistol grips, etc), chambered .223 or 7.62. Haven't caught the AR "bug," but this one kinda cool-looking to me for some reason. Article talked about accuracy issues with anything but 55gr ammo, but otherwise didn't have much bad to say. Anybody else seen this, or anything else like it? I've always been drawn to the scout rifle type guns, and this one piqued(?) my curiosity for some reason.

Reactions: chicharrones

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Gawd awful" is right on that second one. And yeah, MVP looks pretty cool. Let us know when you take 'er out.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I'd bed one down. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
40,505 Posts
Looks cool. If I remember correctly,BangBang built a non AR looking AR with beautiful wood furniture.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Reading the title had me expecting to see this one.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Naaa that would be under title of UGLIEST guns on the planet!!
It sure beats the godaweful spur thing or the hammerhead they put on ARs in commie States. In honesty, the ergonomics of the Thordsen stock ain't bad.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
I had to look up that last pic. I mean I like oddball things and that one sort made me tip my head and scratch it.

Sarge

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Don't you just hate guns designed around laws rather than function and purpose? The magazine disconnect comes to mind immediately...what is its purpose...maybe get someone killed?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts