Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your best accessory. Can be cheap or expensive, but which item that you've bought do you think has been most useful to enjoying whichever shooting sport you do, and which gives the best bang for the buck.

My nomination is the UPLula Universal Pistol Loader. $30-$40, and I ALWAYS keep it in my range bag. If you shoot semiauto handguns, treat yourself to one of these.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Without doubt my RCBS Chargemaster. Saved me hours of time reloading. Second place would be my Uplula mag loader. As MadKaw says, if you shoot semi-auto you need one of these.

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
471 Posts
Several months ago Olfarhors explained that he has employed his own personal gun bearer (his actual name escapes me right now but for the sake of this discussion let's just call him Jeeves). Jeeves chauffeurs Olfarhors to range, totes the range bag(s) to the chosen site, hands Olfarhors the firearm of his choosing along with an uninterrupted flow of fully loaded magazines. Jeeves also changes targets when requested and on canicular days even dabs the perspiration from Olfarhors' brow. And somehow amidst all this activity, Jeeves will prepare and serve a luncheon worthy of a Michelin 3-Star rating to Olfarhors and any guests he may be entertaining. Upon completion of the day's activities Jeeves carefully packs everything and brings the car around (of course its interior has been either heated or cooled to Olfarhors liking). Upon arriving home Jeeves will meticulously clean all the firearms and magazines used that day. On chilly days he will even start a fire in the fireplace and serve the gathered an exquisite tawny port. That's what I would call a "best accessory." I can only dream!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Several months ago Olfarhors explained that he has employed his own personal gun bearer (his actual name escapes me right now but for the sake of this discussion let's just call him Jeeves). Jeeves chauffeurs Olfarhors to range, totes the range bag(s) to the chosen site, hands Olfarhors the firearm of his choosing along with an uninterrupted flow of fully loaded magazines. Jeeves also changes targets when requested and on canicular days even dabs the perspiration from Olfarhors' brow. And somehow amidst all this activity, Jeeves will prepare and serve a luncheon worthy of a Michelin 3-Star rating to Olfarhors and any guests he may be entertaining. Upon completion of the day's activities Jeeves carefully packs everything and brings the car around (of course its interior has been either heated or cooled to Olfarhors liking). Upon arriving home Jeeves will meticulously clean all the firearms and magazines used that day. On chilly days he will even start a fire in the fireplace and serve the gathered an exquisite tawny port. That's what I would call a "best accessory." I can only dream!
I asked Mrs IowaShooter if she'd be willing to serve as such accessory... I'm currently sleeping here on couch.

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Not exactly a firearm accessory, but my ultrasonic cleaners sure have made handgun cleaning far more pleasant.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I have to agree that the UPLula is a great product and mine gets plenty of use.

Right now I think my new Holosun HE503CR-GR is my favorite accessory.

·
21,971 Posts
For firearms in general, the bore snake has to be way up there on the list.

For 700 series pistols, Pearce grip extenders that replace the factory magazine baseplate. Gives you a much better hold on the 740 and TCP, enhancing reliability and the speed of follow up shots. Especially on that 740.

·
Registered
36,039 Posts
I will inform MY Man "Godfrey" that you said hey!
can't tell him right now as he is elbow deep in cleaning my Double Rifle!

·
Registered
36,039 Posts
For firearms in general, the bore snake has to be way up there on the list.
Man for 17 caliber rifles I totally agree!
I think I snapped 3 rods in three cleaning attempts before picking up a Bore Snake!

·
Registered
31,695 Posts
A simple or fancy rifle/carbine sling is imperitive for accuracy! First thing I ever purchase for a new rifle.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I will inform MY Man "Godfrey" that you said hey!
Ah yes, Godfrey! How could I have forgotten. I guess my CRS is getting worse with each additional click of my oldometer. Next thing you know I'll have to put stickers on my pistols that have a pronounced red arrow and read "THIS END TOWARD TARGET."

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
As a 10/22 and Charger owner I would be totally remiss if I didn't call out for the Volquartsen Bolt Release- cheap, easy and effective!

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
What is your best accessory. Can be cheap or expensive, but which item that you've bought do you think has been most useful to enjoying whichever shooting sport you do, and which gives the best bang for the buck.

My nomination is the UPLula Universal Pistol Loader. $30-$40, and I ALWAYS keep it in my range bag. If you shoot semiauto handguns, treat yourself to one of these.
Funny you should mention that. It was my first thought. I have one in the safe, one in the tool box and one in the range bag. I also have the AR-15 mag loader and stripper. Damn, I wish I would have had one when I was in Vietnam.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts