Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see the distaff side got their own forum. So I am hereby claiming this thread for guys only! Women are not allowed to read any further.

Sooo....

How do we know they are putting female hormones in beer?

If you drink a lot, you talk too much and drive terribly.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
To get out of debt, a young man must first get out of his relationship.

Women come and go, but your firearms will never leave you.

A diamond ring can promote crime, but a steel Taurus can discourage a robbery.

Buyers remorse can happen with the fairer sex and fair firearms, but a bad gun can be sent away for repair.

When your friend lends you his pistol,a visit to the clinic is never a concern.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Yeah, lets' not start a contest here. The new forum is not limited to just female members although the idea is to give them a place to discuss issues that relate to women in an environment where they feel comfortable. So lets try and launch that section with a friendly attitude rather than an adversarial one. Guys and guns go together naturally as most of us guys have had exposure to them as part of our daily lives. That isn't the case though for many women. It's always much easier to learn something new when you can discuss it with people who have a similar background. So, lets do our part and make them feel welcome. I for one would like to see the majority of women in America become comfortable around firearms. It would make our country a better and safer place.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
I hear from a lot of women, when I work gun shows that are actively shooting, attending training, and getting their concealed licenses. Lets support them like they do us,(they do put up with us as we learn new stuff).

·
Registered
518 Posts
Why, us Southern gentlemen respect and love our gun-toting women!

Reactions: RevolverFan

·
Registered
27,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah, lets' not start a contest here. The new forum is not limited to just female members although the idea is to give them a place to discuss issues that relate to women in an environment where they feel comfortable. So lets try and launch that section with a friendly attitude rather than an adversarial one. Guys and guns go together naturally as most of us guys have had exposure to them as part of our daily lives. That isn't the case though for many women. It's always much easier to learn something new when you can discuss it with people who have a similar background. So, lets do our part and make them feel welcome. I for one would like to see the majority of women in America become comfortable around firearms. It would make our country a better and safer place.
Perhaps I would be less grumpy if I understood what a woman's issue with firearms is
Holster fit? Yeah, it's a bit different for a woman, but the significant issues are the same.
Upper body strength? Try getting old, instead.
Grip size? I have a bud with short fat little fingers that can't even grip a PT-92.
I actually think it's a bad idea to split us up this way. So, I combined my real irritation with defining issues as belonging to some sub-group and not to all of us with a bit of sarcasm and a bit of what passes for humor in some parts. Heck, if I share 95% of my DNA with a chimpanzee, I'm guessing it's higher than that for a human - even if it is a woman. (Now admit it - that's funny.)
I will also admit that I feel a little put out that you (the mods) would think that we make the distaff so uncomfortable that they need their own corner.
I thought about raising a question in the development section - but I felt that was too serious. You guys do a great job, and I'm not really interested in actually criticizing the job you're doing - because overall, I don't think I could do better.
But, I do think there is a serious issue underlying this issue. It's kind of a cross between the 1950s treatment of blacks with "separate but equal" schools - and water fountains - and the 1990s application of affirmative action.
Both, I believe are wrong. The best answer is to get to a truly blind society, where everybody is treated as who they are, not what group they belong to. As far as I'm concerned, it's a person's score that counts, not their gender. Defining an issue as a gender issue creates the gender difference, not the other way around. After all, if the goal is to make them welcome - segregation is the wrong answer.
And if you think PMS is solely a gender issue - read the above frigging rant before deciding! http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-13094283-study-shows-men-also-suffer-from-pms.do

Where's my Midol...

·
Registered
27,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
27,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear from a lot of women, when I work gun shows that are actively shooting, attending training, and getting their concealed licenses. Lets support them like they do us,(they do put up with us as we learn new stuff).
Absolutely. But I am long past the days of defining male behavior as lighting farts and belching contests. I am perfectly comfortable treating my friends all alike - no matter what their sexual handicaps.

·
Registered
227 Posts
you know what bub BITE THE BULLET!!!! Women carry to protect themselvs because we cannot rely on BIG STRONG MEN to do it. I carry because its my god goven right. Women are taking a stand when it comes to our family and our own bodys. and I love our new Women forum. u have no idea the crap we have to deal with these days Women make up 45% of the total gun carrying population. you have walked past 100 women that carry in the last week and you have no clue. We are not fatuated with them just tired of taking crap from men that think they can violate us and do what they want to us. I AM PROUD THAT I HAVE A GUN in fact I carry 2 at all times so
BITE ME BUBBA AND SUCK IT UP DEAL WITH IT AND ALL THAT JAZZ!!! dont give me that women shouldnt carry crap i will shoot if i have to to protect myselfe and my family Women carry because we can and the second ammendment doesnt say NO WOMEN ALLOWED

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
Fact of the matter is, a lot of women are more comfortable discussing topics that have been male dominated, with other women. Since we men, know it all. At least sometimes we think we do. That's what the new ladies section is designed for, more female participation in this site, the shooting sports, and general interest. It's a place where these women can feel less intimidated, and converse with one another. Anyone, that dislikes the new section, or any section for that matter, doesn't have to participate in it.

This thread has run it's course. Closed.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Perhaps I would be less grumpy if I understood what a woman's issue with firearms is
Holster fit? Yeah, it's a bit different for a woman, but the significant issues are the same.
Upper body strength? Try getting old, instead.
Grip size? I have a bud with short fat little fingers that can't even grip a PT-92.
I actually think it's a bad idea to split us up this way. So, I combined my real irritation with defining issues as belonging to some sub-group and not to all of us with a bit of sarcasm and a bit of what passes for humor in some parts. Heck, if I share 95% of my DNA with a chimpanzee, I'm guessing it's higher than that for a human - even if it is a woman. (Now admit it - that's funny.)
I will also admit that I feel a little put out that you (the mods) would think that we make the distaff so uncomfortable that they need their own corner.
I thought about raising a question in the development section - but I felt that was too serious. You guys do a great job, and I'm not really interested in actually criticizing the job you're doing - because overall, I don't think I could do better.
But, I do think there is a serious issue underlying this issue. It's kind of a cross between the 1950s treatment of blacks with "separate but equal" schools - and water fountains - and the 1990s application of affirmative action.
Both, I believe are wrong. The best answer is to get to a truly blind society, where everybody is treated as who they are, not what group they belong to. As far as I'm concerned, it's a person's score that counts, not their gender. Defining an issue as a gender issue creates the gender difference, not the other way around. After all, if the goal is to make them welcome - segregation is the wrong answer.
And if you think PMS is solely a gender issue - read the above frigging rant before deciding! Study shows men also suffer from PMS | News

Where's my Midol...
This exactly the kind of thing that intimidates people that are new to guns. It's also the kind of sarcasm that makes women look elsewhere for information. It's a matter of perspective much more so than actual issues. People are going to turn to those they feel comfortable around for advise rather than those that are sarcastic toward their interests, and so it is with women and guns. It's not isolationism in any sense of the word. Further more once these new shooters get comfortable with guns and shooting, they will migrate into the other sections of the forum and participate much more willingly than they do now. We are not suggesting that women should not participate in the rest of the forum, nor are we saying that they need some sort of affirmative action program because they can't compete with the guys, they can, they do, and they will. We are trying to offer women an opportunity to discuss guns and shooting from a female perspective which is something neither you nor I can do. So, once again I ask that y'all give this a chance and support it, with out the sarcasm.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Absolutely. But I am long past the days of defining male behavior as lighting farts and belching contests. I am perfectly comfortable treating my friends all alike - no matter what their sexual handicaps.

Guess what?? It's not all about you! It's about women that would like to learn more about guns and shooting. By the way after reading your quip above about Midol, you may not be as far evolved from the belching and fart lighting as you think! ;)

Reactions: CompOSS9mm
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.