Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an observation to share.....I was looking for a scope base and decided to call Taurus. I tried twice and never spoke with anyone but was on hold for what seemed like forever. I finally left two messages with my name, phone number, date and what information I needed. That was three weeks ago and never received a call back. Don't know if this was a flook or normal for their customer service.
dave29

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I have had to call CS a few times. Only once did I have to leave a message. My waits were usually not more than a few minutes.
But as to return calls, that still seems to be a problem. Not sure why??

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm not too keen on leaving messages for any business establishment. There are just too many people who can "drop the ball" along the way.

I normally just grab a soda or a cup of coffee and "wait 'em out" on hold.

Once someone at Taurus does answer the call, I've always gotten resolution to whatever it was I was calling about.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in the same spot as dave29. I've called repeatedly but three times left a message after waiting between 30-45 minutes and have never gotten a callback. The last few days I've not even been able to get to the voice menu. Couple that with the status page that has no information at all using my serial number and I'm a bit annoyed.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Call the operator and ask for Robert, or Christian towards the end of the business day when call volume is lower. If it goes to voice mail call the operator back until you reach one of them.

·
32,619 Posts
There are certain times of the day that might work for you better than expecting results in the middle of the day and at the busiest times of day.

I've never gotten put on hold for more than a few minutes and I call them 4 or 5 times a month to get things clarified for here or for myself.

Yes, there are occasions when calling back and having to do it several times a day might not get results. Quite a few businesses I've called,small or large, in the last few months never got back, or put me in limbo for over a half hour or more.

With cell phones and the instant communications that are present nowdays it's easy for any phone system or customer service people to get over run.

So it happens and on a regular daily basis. One thing I've heard discussed over and over during the last few years is how no one can get through to a live person. It matters not what the business is. There are layers of red tape to go through that slow communications down or make them hard at best.

It is also documented that a lot of e-mails and communications are not being looked at or dealt with because the communication systems are overloaded at every level or the people are in that group. We all have had to do more with less and that means doing more work and making up for absent workers who should or would normally be there.

So this is not necessarily Taurus being deliberately flip or insensitive. There are limits to what can be done with what and who they have. In a perfect world we wouldn't have to put up with that or have it to deal with. It's not a perfect world.

Like a lot of life's frustrations we'll have to deal with things the way they are even if things are not perfect. I've spen quite a few times in the last few years having to redial over and over to try and get through layered systems which are the norm these days. Not fun.

How many have perfect cell phone usage? Raise your hands if you do. Uh,huh! Thought so. Not many. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have called Taurus several times and always got a real person after a minimum wait. My secret was to call early on east coast time before the rest of the country had gotten started.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ran a business for years and quite frankly NONE of my employees or myself ever left work until all calls and emails were answered. The business was sucessful and with so much competition these days I just don't understand why you cannot be prompt in responding to your customers.
Mabe it's just me but it is a sign of mismanagement.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I had no luck last week getting a call back, we'll see this week. I think what is going on at Taurus, is Forjas Taurus in Brazil had a crappy Q3 and Q4 2011. They are tightening their belt, however still mass producing their products at an increasing rate. Taurus Miami is owned by Taurus Forjas. Although they are distributing more product here in the US they are not increasing their work force possibly the opposite, from what I heard. Miami is the QC/CS for products being shipped from Brazil. They are simply over run. I would say problem lies more so in their domestic(Brazilian) business practices: mismanagement in Brazil most likely. If you know anything about doing business in Brazil this is more the rule rather than the exception.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts