Taurus Firearm Forum banner

yes or no or dont reload so dont care.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:confused: well is this a bad deal.taurus says no reloads,most take great pride in thier set up and great care and time to do this right.so i think that if ,and i sat if the taurus fails you during a reload session what then? c what i mean. you have to bend the rules a bit.i just find this policy not so good but i bet the person that thinks the taurus can not be runioned that taurus will fix every thing from 2 many hot reloads i c thier point.

·
10,379 Posts
Yep, and I'm even evil enough to shoot them out of my Taurus and my Savage and my Remington and my Mossburg...rut roh

Reactions: jm38

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Well as others have said if it is asking if I reload then it is yes. I reload target ammo only and buy my self defense loads factory made.

Reactions: jm38

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Been at it since 1956. At one time I was equipped to load 141 different cartridges. I've down sized some, probably only half that now.
So; why is this in the "complaint" section?????????

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Yes I reload and been doing it for about 25 years. I enjoy working up a load that shoots best in a particular firearm.

Best of all, it’s my way of going GREEN because I recycle my brass and anybody else’s brass left on the ground. I’m sure Al Gore would be proud of me. ;)

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm so confused - three options with only two choices and it is not clear what we are being asked?

Yes - No - Don't reload

Hard to debate when nobody knows the topic - lol

Reactions: Armedpatriot

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
well as others have said if it is asking if i reload then it is yes. I reload target ammo only and buy my self defense loads factory made.

ditto! ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
good posts all thanks. just to clear up my thread,yes company policy no reloads, just a topic to get your allz in put and concerns you may have on the policy. for the record i think reloaders take pride in what they do,and taurus should re think no reloads imo.if you damage the wepon from your reloads its yours.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes I reload for target shooting and shoot them in all my guns.

I think the reason firearms manufacturers void warranties for reloads is the dangers in hot and light load pose.

·
Registered
751 Posts
good posts all thanks. just to clear up my thread,yes company policy no reloads, just a topic to get your allz in put and concerns you may have on the policy. for the record i think reloaders take pride in what they do,and taurus should re think no reloads imo.if you damage the wepon from your reloads its yours.
I may be wrong, but I know of no mfg that condones the use of re-loads.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I may be wrong, but I know of no mfg that condones the use of re-loads.
I don't think you are wrong and the reasoning is fairly easy to understand. A squib or over powered load could damage a gun and they refuse to stand behind it then. I for one can't blame them for this really. Though I been shooting well over 50 years this year is the first time I've actually reloaded myself so new to me. I'm set up to do 45 Colt using black powder, 9mm and 45 ACP as well as 38/357 though I don't have the need but came with my used setup.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I do not reload, this is because I have no time for it, but I just shot 100 reloaded rounds from Georgia Arms, which I purchased last weekend from gun show i Lawrenceville...so yes and no I guess!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts
If I may suggest, it would reeeeally help if you'd read what you've written before you post. As written, it's not very clear.

Do you reload, yes/ no. Should (Manufacturer) honor warranty on reloads, yes/no. Like that.

I'm spooling up to reload any day now, so I said yes.

Not hatin', jus' sayin.

Reactions: Three Percent

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sorry posters ,did not want 2 confuse . tryed to edit poll could not edit my apology on the poll. thanks 4 all the posts. i really wanted 2 know how taurus owners felt on the no reload poilcy. and if it broke using reloaded ammo would you think the company should fix the wepon at thier cost. it seams to me they could tell if warranty damage was due over charged reloads. agin sorry 4 all the poll confusin.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts