Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new LC9s apart and removed the magazine safety! Probably not necessary but putting a mag back in the gun and then pulling the trigger to get the slide off bothers me. I also like to clear my weapon at the range by dropping the magazine and pulling the trigger while I still have it pointed at the target. It was not as difficult as I expected, the only tricky thing is you have to remove the pin and little flipper trigger safety to push the pin that retains the trigger up through the top.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and if you put the transfer bar in upside down you have to push the pins out and take the action out of the frame to take it back apart.

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
Aside from being able to clear your weapon like youbdescribed, it prevents you from having a dead trigger on your carry gun if the mag release gets bumped. At least you get the one shot in the tube. With the mag safety, you get nothing.
yea, that's close to my dislike for them.
MY main concern is that I generally do a tactical mag change , or at least try to.
so if I drop the not empty mag, to replace it with a new full mag , I got a live round in the chamber but with the magazine out its not going to fire, until I pop a new mag in place.
the chances of this happening is quite slim but being paranoid this bothers me.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
None of my guns has one for long, it was the first thing I did on my Browning high power as well.

Reactions: morrcarr67

·
Super Moderator
40,690 Posts
I removed if from my GSG 1911-22. I have an old S&W 2214 that has one, need to look into removing that one some day, especially since it has a concealed hammer.

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Administrator
18,414 Posts
My S&W 4506 had one and it was an annoyance when shooting IPSC Matches during weapon clearances.
Sold it off for that and other reasons.

Reactions: jimb1972
1 - 9 of 9 Posts