Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not as big a seller as they had hoped I guess.

I always hate to see a model get discontinued but perhaps dumping the whole Gaucho line freed up some money to focus on other other more lucrative designs/projects?

I would have bought one myself but unfortunately they never offered a 4.75" barrel or one in .44 Special :(

·
Registered
384 Posts
A lot of competition in what apears to be a small market segment. The number of manufacturers cranking out SA cowboy guns is staggering. Colt, Freedom Arms, Ruger, American Western Arms, Beretta and Uberti plus some I can't think of all make this style of pistol. As was already mentioned, maybe Taurus is thinking about investing in a more lucrative market that's less cluttered. Lets see...a 9mm/40SW carbine.......AR15........just wishing out loud.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry to see a SA go, the last 3 times I looked on Taurus web the Gaucho wasn't listed. I'd hope the effort goes back into a good 5 shot .44 Special. Frank

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
They're not in the '08 catalog either. Kind of surprising with the resurgence of cowboy action shooting lately.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
They're not in the '08 catalog either. Kind of surprising with the resurgence of cowboy action shooting lately.
I am waiting for the hard copy of the 08 catalog, anyone know how long it might take before they ship them. ?????

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Robby said:
I am waiting for the hard copy of the 08 catalog, anyone know how long it might take before they ship them. ?????
Should be out when the 24/7 OSS arrives.... :eek: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Frank V said:
Sorry to see a SA go, the last 3 times I looked on Taurus web the Gaucho wasn't listed. I'd hope the effort goes back into a good 5 shot .44 Special. Frank
I'll second that!

·
Registered
107 Posts
+1 on the 5 shot .44 Special! Twelve years ago when I got my Model 85, I had a heck of a time deciding between that and a blued 431. The M85 was on clearance for $139 NIB, and the M431 was, I believe, $169. Budgetary and practical considerations drove my decision then, and I'm sure it was the right one. But every now and then I get to thinking "what if..."
If they bring back the 431, I'm so in. :)

·
Super Moderator
35,283 Posts
Ruger is tough to beat in the single action market. All the Italian clones, Beretta's entry, yeah, tough market.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I was just looking through the Taurus web & in the large frame revolvers the Gaucho is listed in .357 & .45 Colt as available. Hope it's true. Frank

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Robby said:
Actually they are still on the market. Gallery of Guns has several models of the 45 colt SA, including the 4.75" model.
http://www.taurususa.com/products/gunselector-results.cfm?page=2
In case you missed it, local shops might not have the Gaucho, but DAvidson's sure does. Afew days ago, they had quite a few of different models. I only looked at the 45's because I love that caliber.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts