Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a tcp 380 mag in June of 2014 and still haven't received it, every time I call they just say that they r working on it. Considering selling all my taurus firearms

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,886 Posts
Sorry to hear this.

Mag availability is problematic, but I like my Tauri enough search for them. It gives me an excuse to go into every gun store, pawnshop and gun show with in riding distance.

Check the forum often, sometimes someone will find one and put it up here.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
They occasionally show up on EBAY. Keep looking, I am sure that you will find one somewhere. Good luck.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Here's a used one that sold 2 days ago on eBay for $40 shipped - they are selling almost every day and some slip through the cracks.

I don't hesitate to buy good used mags either. As soon as YOU shoot a mag it is used. We ALL have nothing but used mags!!!

Taurus PT 738 TCP Magazine | eBay

*abused mags - no

·
Premium Member
10,104 Posts
Shouldn't have to pay almost double for something that I should be able to get from taurus.
I agree that you shouldn't have to pay almost double for anything. I was just trying to give you another avenue for acquiring that particular magazine. Sorry that my post didn't assist you.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
Taurus pistols = good options & prices. Taurus mags = insanity!!! For fudge sakes Taurus! If you can't make the mags, allow a dependable maker like MECGAR to produce them & get a portion of their profit from the rights usage - Duh!

Taurus is suffering from rectal cranial inversion syndrome & I too will buy no more of their products until they get their act together !!! : mad:

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Taurus pistols = good options & prices. Taurus mags = insanity!!! For fudge sakes Taurus! If you can't make the mags, allow a dependable maker like MECGAR to produce them & get a portion of their profit from the rights usage - Duh!

Taurus is suffering from rectal cranial inversion syndrome & I too will buy no more of their products until they get their act together !!! : mad:
I thought they had made a deal with Mec-gar to produce Taurus mags, anyone here know anything about it?

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I've got beau coup mags for all my Taurus pistols - all bought at normal or less than normal price - I bought Taurus mags before they were cool................................ or became unicorns. LOL

I'm beginning to believe many Taurus owners just like to piss and moan about anything and everything.:eek:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Sign up for product notifications from a vendor like MidwayUSA, and then cross your fingers that you get the notice quickly enough to buy one (or two or three) before they sell out. If they sell out before you get there, renew your notification. That's how I landed on my 709 and 738 magazines (although I also overpaid for one 709 magazine when I first bought the pistol.) Patience is decidedly not one of my virtues, but I love both the 709 and the 738 that I was willing to wait.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts

I can fully understand your frustration. And if you choose not to buy any more products from the company, that of course, is your choice.
I don't have the correct answers; & I'm not gonna try to dazzle you with footwork that I don't have the dexterity for.

But, I sincerely hope that you can get your magazine issue resolved to your satisfaction.

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
I can fully understand your frustration. And if you choose not to buy any more products from the company, that of course, is your choice.
I don't have the correct answers; & I'm not gonna try to dazzle you with footwork that I don't have the dexterity for.

But, I sincerely hope that you can get your magazine issue resolved to your satisfaction.
Thanks - I think I'm not alone in my frustration. I will no longer advise anyone I know to buy any other Taurus products except those that can take non taurus mags that are plentiful IE 1911 or 92/99 Beretta mags.

I don't come here to just gripe - however I will always call it like I see it. And with many products in the Taurus line - there are severe issues with mag availability.

The magazine is the HEART of a semi-auto pistol. Carrying a pistol for protection that you only have one mag for is begging for a failure. I am a firm believer in Murphy's law. Apparently some here live charmed lives ... Good for them. ;)

Now if you only buy Taurus pistols to plink with, fine - then the mag shortage means little. :cool:

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
I sent my broken 738 mag in back in October and just got the replacement today so maybe they have some in stock.
Hope springs eternal. I've had mags on back order through a supplier for several months. They have contacted me and let me know they are waiting on Taurus to ship them.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
It was announced about a month ago that Taurus WAS working with Mecgar to produce magazines for the US market.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Yeah. In spite of all the apparent darkness, there is light at the end of the tunnel! ;)

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Registered
63 Posts
I dont think that's a fair statement. You should expect to get magazines from the company that made your weapon. However if it makes you feel better to rip on fellow Taurus owners like that more power to you. Taurus has let their customers down. Poor customer service is a sign of poor management.
Triple K makes after market mags. I found Star 30mi mags from them they are awesome. They would be a great manufacturer of Taurus magazines!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I dont think that's a fair statement. You should expect to get magazines from the company that made your weapon. However if it makes you feel better to rip on fellow Taurus owners like that more power to you. Taurus has let their customers down. Poor customer service is a sign of poor management.
Triple K makes after market mags. I found Star 30mi mags from them they are awesome. They would be a great manufacturer of Taurus magazines!
So where is this "RIP"?! PLEASE point it out!
This is a Taurus FAN site and has no direct affiliation with Taurus International or any Taurus subsidiary.
Where have you been when TA members have matched guns and mags across the US with Taurus gun owners.
I think your time here is far too short to start pushing back against TA senior members and/or moderators.

You want to be part of the good fellowship of the forum - fine.
I suggest that you put away the sharp stick and make some friends.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.