Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow member stallard and I went to the local gun show today. Picked up a few odds and ends but didn't have any luck selling one of my old shotguns. I did have quite a few people ask about it though. Didn't find any gun buys I couldn't live without. Saw some great displays. Range trip tomorrow as it is one of my buddies birthdays today time to celebrate with some gun powder and lead tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Today is "no rails, no sales" in the shotgun and rifle world. Sad but true. What kind of old shotty is she?

·
Registered
872 Posts
Gun show today Split Rock Pennsylvania,Revolver prices on Tauri are getting higher,nothing in the used dept,still looking for my deal on a Taurus 22 lr & Taurus 357 magnum 4'' & 6''

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Next time I go to a gun show, I am going to go to a big one. The smaller, local shows haven't been anything to shout about.

·
Premium Member
10,975 Posts
Next time I go to a gun show, I am going to go to a big one. The smaller, local shows haven't been anything to shout about.
It's sad that what anti gun types have been trying to do to gun shows, the gun shows are doing to themselves, with over pricing and gun snob attitudes.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
For the most part, gun shows have mostly been just gun shows to me. I did once trade off a Remington Pump 30-06 that would group about 12" at a 100 yards for a 20 gauge pump S & W 3,000 that Matched my 12 Gauge S & W 3,000 I have had new since 1976. They are a good place to find a commercial local reloader or track down another attendee with a gun to sell unregistered.

The folks with tables seem for the most part to be looking for fools.

There are some values on accessories.

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
For the most part, gun shows have mostly been just gun shows to me. ...

There are some values on accessories.
I concur that they are usually just 'entertainment', but at least around the DFW area, I had the opposite impression about accessories. Most of the dealers I've seen have gun pricing near online stores, by the time you factor taxes vs. shipping etc., but you'll get bit on the accessories. There have been a few things I didn't mind paying extra to have it now, but otherwise, I just check it out in person, then order online. That is why I like to go to 'treasure hunt'. I found a RRA 2 stage trigger for my Colt AR for $99. :)
I guess, like politicians, they play to the locals. :D

·
Super Moderator
40,412 Posts
It's sad that what anti gun types have been trying to do to gun shows, the gun shows are doing to themselves, with over pricing and gun snob attitudes.
I was at a gun show last week; guy had several cases of used hand guns, the display cases with the glass lids, all closed up tight. He was complaining to a friend that the crowds were over whelming, however he had not sold a single gun yet. It was late Sunday and the show was almost over. I was looking through the cases for an older PT-99 without the de-cocker. Wow he had one. I asked how much he wanted and with an attitude, after flipping through his notebook he said $575.00. I just blurted out, “Are you crazy they have Brand New PT-99’s at the table next to you for $485.00!” Now I know why he had not sold anything that weekend. Over priced and has an attitude. I’ll pass, as did everyone else apparently.

Gun shows are good for hands on feel of the newer model you may be interested in and finding the older used items on your list. One good thing for me is that there is one dealer that is at all the shows with new guns that will match the lower online prices if you ask quietly off to the side, not disrupting the ones willing to pay the higher mark-ups. He told me the more guns he moves the better prices he gets from the dealers.

·
Registered
708 Posts
L.C. Smith side x side 16 guage field grade.
I had the exact same shotgun as a kid. 16 gauge. One of my nephews has it now. Only scattergun I own now is a Winchester model 1912 in 16 gauge. Looked up the SN and learned it was manufactured in 1915. My Dad got it for me in 1964. He paid $35 for it. That one goes to my son when my time is up. Happy shooting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts