Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
the ky. house votes on ours tomorrow or friday, if passed the governor said he would sign it. keeping fingers crossed.
Hopefully it will pass!

Got my lifetime carry so all these new-old-fangled ideas just come a little too late for me...but Congrats to ya gents!
My license is good till 2023, and I plan to renew it then.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys are lucky.
This is the third time it's passed both the Senate and the House. The first two, Governor Fallen vetoed it.

With a new Governor, did what he said he would.

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
I just checked mine...it is out of renewal state and now good to 2024. God help me if I am still in this state then.

·
Premium Member
5,428 Posts
No license needed to carry in Oklahoma, goes into effect Nov. 1st
Welcome to the club!

Although, it is my understanding that us Kansans could carry in OK without a license anyway, since apparently OK reciprocated with our "license-free" carry law! I do visit y'all quite often, but I've never carried there (concealed or otherwise).

·
Administrator
40,363 Posts
Reactions: bigC

·
Registered
485 Posts
i have my permit which i will renew by october of this year as i do go to tennessee a lot, but i know a lot of folks that can't afford the permit and i understand that as i saved for over a year to come up with the money. they'll be able to carry in kentucky at least if the house passes it which isn't a done deal as the democrats are trying to stop it.

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
i have my permit which i will renew by october of this year as i do go to tennessee a lot, but i know a lot of folks that can't afford the permit and i understand that as i saved for over a year to come up with the money. they'll be able to carry in kentucky at least if the house passes it which isn't a done deal as the democrats are trying to stop it.
Not sure what your permit costs but the AZ permit (25 bucks?.. no, actually 60) or the UT permit (51.00) gives you TN and a lot of others.

edit again...I see yours is 20.00 if done on time.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Well done, Oklahoma. Now if Texas would just join that fine group of Constitutional Carry States, life would be wonderful!

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
485 Posts
Not sure what your permit costs but the AZ permit (25 bucks?.. no, actually 60) or the UT permit (51.00) gives you TN and a lot of others.

edit again...I see yours is 20.00 if done on time.
ky. is $125 for the course and permit, then $60 to renew every five years. the house today passed the bill to allow permitless carry now for the governor who should sign it as he is pro gun.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Dude, it went into effect in 1789. The unlawful practice of some states continues until officials are voted out of office or suit brought in front of the SCOTUS. At that point SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is upheld. Why don't people sue for damages to their civil rights and get paid.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Dude, it went into effect in 1789. The unlawful practice of some states continues until officials are voted out of office or suit brought in front of the SCOTUS. At that point SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is upheld. Why don't people sue for damages to their civil rights and get paid.
Oh how far things have wandered away from the original document.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts