Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Placed my order for the Steel Heritage Rough Rider last Friday...late in the afternoon. I chose the vendor that offered the best price, beating the next guy by a few bucks. They don't work Saturdays...or Mondays. Oh well, I expected it would ship on Tuesday for my receipt later in the week. Wednesday my FFL called to say that the seller called him to ask for his FFL...I selected his name off THEIR listing of FFL's they have worked with. If I had been advised Tuesday, my guy would have sent it then as he's pretty responsive.

They finally ship Wednesday afternoon and the Priority Parcel (funny name for it) takes a day and a half to travel the 55 miles from the seller to the USPS hub in Coppell, TX. They still had it marked for delivery by today...8 PM. Now this note appears: April 26, 2019
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

How very reassuring.

·
Administrator
18,302 Posts
I had some similar issues when dealing with a distributor for my Mid-Size Tanfoglio/RIA MAP1 and Steyr L9A1. In the case of the Steyr, I had to get the seller to switch over to Fed-Ex, because I had so many problems with the USPS when ordering the MAP1, and they had almost dropped off the Steyr to the USPS.

Best of Luck getting your new Revolver delivered soon, safe, and sound! :smile:

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
901 Posts
That stinks. I'll hold my "Like" in reserve for your update on the arrival your SH Rough Rider. Hope it's tomorrow.

·
8,986 Posts
How frustrating..USPS does just ok with their in network mail, but when there is a handoff between fedex or ups to USPS, all bets are off. I had to resolve to put up with crappy deliveries, since I am the one who decided to live out in the country.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Still waiting for some ammo from Buds LE only section. Been 9 days since I ordered it....that is one drag butt dog sled they are using for delivery.....and it is via UPS!!!

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How frustrating..USPS does just ok with their in network mail, but when there is a handoff between fedex or ups to USPS, all bets are off. I had to resolve to put up with crappy deliveries, since I am the one who decided to live out in the country.
I've been a postal fanboy in the past. This one seems to be the comedy of errors.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
I receive probably five two eight packages a week. The majority of them come through Amazon and they are shipped UPS via USPS. I have not had one late delivery , I have not had one disappear, and I have not had one with damage on the packaging. In my case they do a fine job and I have no complaints.

Don

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I receive probably five two eight packages a week. The majority of them come through Amazon and they are shipped UPS via USPS. I have not had one late delivery , I have not had one disappear, and I have not had one with damage on the packaging. In my case they do a fine job and I have no complaints.

Don
I also order a lot from Amazon and most of it is delivered by the post office. They always bring the larger packages to my door and they have shown up on Sunday a few times.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Placed my order for the Steel Heritage Rough Rider last Friday...late in the afternoon. I chose the vendor that offered the best price, beating the next guy by a few bucks. They don't work Saturdays...or Mondays. Oh well, I expected it would ship on Tuesday for my receipt later in the week. Wednesday my FFL called to say that the seller called him to ask for his FFL...I selected his name off THEIR listing of FFL's they have worked with. If I had been advised Tuesday, my guy would have sent it then as he's pretty responsive.

They finally ship Wednesday afternoon and the Priority Parcel (funny name for it) takes a day and a half to travel the 55 miles from the seller to the USPS hub in Coppell, TX. They still had it marked for delivery by today...8 PM. Now this note appears: April 26, 2019
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

How very reassuring.

Is your FFL Grab-a-Gun on Beltline, perchance? I have purchased items from them and from other local DFW arms suppliers just to AVOID using USPS or any other shipping entity. I'll pay the additional Texas sales tax for an in-state purchase just because I like the idea of being able to order something there to have delivered there so I can go pick it up there and get it in my greedy, sweaty, hands.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm consider myself as an Amazon Super Shopper. So much so Amazon upgraded me to a free Business Account. As a full time RVer residing in Florida during the winter months I find that 99% of the items that I order come via USPS, on time with a few unadvertised 1 day deliveries. Of course there are the few exceptions. I had a package that now is over a month late, has been declared lost. Amazon after being notified of my missing package, then 2 days past due, Amazon dispatched a replacement, next day delivery, which arrived on time via USPS. Obviously guns and ammo cannot be order via Amazon which is sad but understandable. PS I always sign up for package delivery SMS notification. Must say 4½ Stars for USPS and 6 Stars for Amazon.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love it when I get charged for a UPS shipment and UPS hands it off to the USPS. Then, it gets kicked around Atlanta for a couple of days. I have to admit though, there are instances when the USPS is faster than any of the other carriers.

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm consider myself as an Amazon Super Shopper. So much so Amazon upgraded me to a free Business Account. As a full time RVer residing in Florida during the winter months I find that 99% of the items that I order come via USPS, on time with a few unadvertised 1 day deliveries. Of course there are the few exceptions. I had a package that now is over a month late, has been declared lost. Amazon after being notified of my missing package, then 2 days past due, Amazon dispatched a replacement, next day delivery, which arrived on time via USPS. Obviously guns and ammo cannot be order via Amazon which is sad but understandable. PS I always sign up for package delivery SMS notification. Must say 4½ Stars for USPS and 6 Stars for Amazon.
Welcome from Northern Illinois! Looking at your two main locations, I must say that you have the best of both worlds. The Brainerd area in MN is a paradise.

Reactions: RVer

·
Registered
19,583 Posts
Well, I can't say I've had any real trouble with the USPS hand-offs from UPS and Fed Ex but it can get annoying at times. USPS doesn't deliver mail on Sunday but they do deliver these hand-off packages to businesses...:scratchchin:...which, seein' as how most businesses are closed on Sunday, makes ya' wonder who the ____ thought that was a good idea? Now, bein' a rural small town, they all know me at the PO and know I'm prob'ly not gonna' be there, yet they won't hold delivery until Monday. Instead, they take it for a ride Sunday and when it gets back, it goes into some kind of quarantine. I now will have to pick it up at the PO but I have to wait until Tuesday, until it gets released from package prison. They have a website where you can change delivery dates and locations to work around all of this but only residential customers are granted the power...:dunno:...a business can't do ____. Again...:unsure:...makes ya' wonder who the ____ thought that was a good idea?! With UPS and even Fed Ex, I don't have to be there. As I said, small rural town rules apply. If I'm not there, they know me and where to leave it but USPS won't do that. They won't even leave it in the mailbox, if it'll fit.

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They cannot put a UPS or FedEx parcel in the mailbox as the mailbox is technically USPS property. They are reserved for postal metered pieces only. A friend of mine stuffed postcards in mailboxes advertising tax protest appraisals and was turned into the post office. He had to pay a fine equivalent to the first class postage multiplied by the number of homes in that subdivision. Supposedly the USPS is working on a financial deal with the package delivery companies for them to use mailboxes.

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
when I see that FEd -X or UPS hads transferred a package to USPS I immediately add one -two days to the delivery time!
course this may be due to the fact that our varying mail carriers can't seem to find an adress to even put the mail in the box!---geeeez!
they really need to bring simple mathematics (like ability to read numbers ) back into the educatioanl system.
I bet IF our house address was displayed digitally then everything would work better!

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
I ordered a TH9 mag off Grab a Gun. It was UPS handed of too USPS....it was supposed to be here end of day on Saturday April 27....tracking still says that and it's not here yet!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts