Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I did all of this stuff yesterday: (trigger job as outlined in the sticky, D spring, as well as new extractor spring, slide release spring, trigger spring, trigger bar spring, and a Wolff 15lb recoil spring and XP firing pin spring). It seems like now I have no half cock, and my trigger pull is EXTREMELY light. releasing the slide causes the hammer to drop about half the time. I've also noticed that the hammer seems to have a little side to side play in it.

My question is, did I mess up/miss a step somewhere in installation, or could this only have been caused by too much polishing. All I used were felt wheels with Mother's Mag polish on my Dremel... Seems like it would be hard to remove a significant amount of material with just felt wheels.

I've been messing with this thing for HOURS. I'm at a complete loss!

·
Super Moderator
21,631 Posts
Try replacing one part at a time and see if you can narrow down what the problem is. I always just change one thing at a time to avoid your problem. You really don't know where to start. And that happens when you change many things at once. Good luck. I don't think the polishing is the problem, I have done a bunch of polishing on different guns and other then smoothing things out It did not do any harm.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got home... Guess I'm going to rip into this thing and see if I can find what's wrong.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE: The top leg of the sear spring was bent forward slightly, so there wasn't enough tension against the sear to push it into lockup (verbage?) with the hammer. A few seconds with some pliers, and she's good as new!

As a result of this little ordeal, I'd suggest anyone doing a trigger job avoid bending the sear spring forward in the manner shown in the How-To on youtube. I actually found it easier today to push the sear pin in first, retaining the sear, and then dropping the sear spring in and maneuvering it into place using a small screwdriver through the sear pin hole in the frame.

TIME FOR THE RANGE!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts