Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 2011/2012, how can any company that's worth a damn NOT have an email address to reach Customer Service?

Reactions: Gulch

·
Registered
548 Posts
Maybe they want things on a more personal level, so they only have the call service. Id actually prefer it that way as it seems ALOT easier to get issues straightened out and for people to understand easier the in an email.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Having the option to talk to someone is fine, but it still doesn't excuse not have email support in this day of age.

·
21,932 Posts
Contact Us - Call our Customer Service Department if you would prefer to talk to a service representative directly or contact us by mail by sending a letter to our Customer Service Department, and we'll get back to you with a phone call or a letter in return.
This is directly from Sturm Ruger.

Springfield has a sales email and one to the custom shop but not for support. They also give a phone number and address to write.

I think they all should have an email address for support at least for initial contact but it does not seem to be the norm.

S&W does have an email for support.

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
If they have a toll free number, which they do, then I don't see what the big deal is.

Reactions: Harrychl

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Given the fact that there are so many questions that need to be asked about your gun and the reason you are calling, adding E-mail just interjects an extra step into a process that most people would prefer to see move faster rather than slower. If you have a gun that needs repair you are going to need to talk to them on the phone anyway. The new E-catalog that's coming shortly will allow you to order accessories, grips, and eventually parts through their website. So in that regard e-mail is just one more step that isn't really necessary. Adding it would also require more people to manage it and that adds to the cost of the gun.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
E-mail exchanges can easily miss the point, get taken out of context and chase the issue instead of addressing it. I would prefer to have CS available to take my calls instead of too busy to answer the phone because they are replying to e-mails. In addition CS reps document the calls in their system so that the problem and customer concerns are documented. E-mail exchanges could get into the wrong hands becoming a huge liability to the manufacturer especially with the delicacy and high social profile of firearms and the second amendment in todays society. There are anti gun lobbyists and scum bag lawyers sniffing around every corner.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
The telephone and Snail Mail is much more secure and if you use a non-toll-free number you can still have a record of your call if the need arises not that I don't appreciate a toll- free number for simple information! Snail Mail always gives you the opportunity to create a copy of your letter for the same purpose!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
How many times have you tried to either get something across in an email and get pissed when it isnt resolved or gets screwed up even worse or corresponding forever then get told to call anyway? I am not too mad to have to call. I do see your point but how many people buy guns and have no idea what the hell they are talking about?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I prefer using the phone for customer service contacts, but to not have email for basic contact and customer updates makes no sense in a modern company.

·
32,481 Posts
Being concise, detailed, and accurate can be done by phone or snail mail.It's what needs to be done and a lot of customers do not do that. It's a source of miscommunication.

People have forgotten HOW to communicate and seem unable to do so in a proper,respectful, and humane manner.

People skills are gone. Blackberrys, PDAs, computers, and smart cell phones help with none of this. Those broaden the gap.
Thus some thought and planning needs to go into the message.

Vocabulary skills and English usage are also almost nonexistant these days.

Communication does not go directly to the source that needs to get it. With the millions or more of e-mails just daily there is no way businesses their size can keep up with it all. Add phone calls,Twitters, and other messages. That includes Facebook,etc..

The glut of electronic messages flying through the systems boggles the mind.

So HOW is the gun manufacturer to keep up with that all of the time? Do you have the hundreds of people, maybe thousands of people, training of the right kind that takes time, place for them to work, a reliable network for them to work with,the proficient trainers, TI support, and supervisors to do this all. Oh,yes. All of this communication has to go to the right place.

Then all of this has to be answered. Who has all of the above listed things to do that and again at millions of dollars worth or time and gear? All of this had to be routed through ALL of the over abundant number channels and to the individual recipients. All of this in a timely manner. Just the inter-company communication is a full time headache. So is incoming and outgoing communications.

If you've got a in-depth highly detailed fool proof plan that covers all contingencies then I am all ears. And that plan would be.........

Oh,yes. There is a budget for all of this for allllll of the people, equipment,training,daily items needed,etc. and this is for a company that has to show a profit otherwise this is all for not.

If these companies all had bottomless money bags then all of this is possible. If not, oh welllll!

·
32,481 Posts
Oh,yes.

S&W requests that customers CALL their Customer Service rather than e-mail them.

I've seen that with other gun companies as well.

For those who need to know Taurus ARMAS HAS e-mail.

Feel free to use it. Taurus ARMAS also has a international number. Yes, it's all in Portuguese, but with a computer interpreter like mine it puts things into ENGLISH.

COMPANY
Taurus Guns
Taurus Business
News

TAURUS ARMAS – Fábrica de Revólveres, Pistolas, Metralhadoras, Espingardas, Carabinas e Armas de Pressão.

Be my guest.
Contact Us

WEAPONS
Pistols
Revolvers
Rifles
Rifles
Machine Guns

0800 600 66 00

unique to SAC

Address: Avenida do Forte, No. 511
City: Porto Alegre / RS
CEP: 91360-000
PBX (51) 3021.3000

Work with
Us

CONTACT

Please be advised that in accordance with current legislation in Brazil is not permitted to disclose pricing or marketing of weapons and weapons parts online.

And you're a cop please contact sales directly to the address [email protected]

Name

Email

Phone

City

State

Subject

Choose a Subject

Characters remaining: 350

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Not even the almighty Glock has an email address for their customer service center. Most firearm manufacturers don't have them outside of Henry from what my short search has produced, mostly because it can turn into a dedicated portion of the workforce itself. Why tie up 10 technicians a day replying to emails when they could be repairing 10 guns, call in and let it move through the appropriate processes and channels to get the repairs right. Personally, i would much rather explain my problems to a live person because they may be aware of the issue personally and have the solution to the problem in a previous work order, so they know who the best at dealing with it is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This thread has about gone as far as it can. Might be time to shut it down.

So, that's how it works on this forum? Someone posts, what to them, is a complaint and because it's not deemed a valid complaint the thread gets closed. If the Complaints section is for only complaining about what the majority feel or what everyone agrees with, why bother even having it? I posted this as a complaint by me. I don't care you if you prefer to use the phone or not. That's not me, that's you. Amazing.

·
21,932 Posts
So, that's how it works on this forum? Someone posts, what to them, is a complaint and because it's not deemed a valid complaint the thread gets closed. If the Complaints section is for only complaining about what the majority feel or what everyone agrees with, why bother even having it? I posted this as a complaint by me. I don't care you if you prefer to use the phone or not. That's not me, that's you. Amazing.
Why so grouchy?? Did you just expect everyone here to agree with you?

·
Registered
548 Posts
The point everyone has tried making is that most gun manufactures DO NOT have email as they all feel it will help the process of getting your issue fixed in a much more timely and MUCH cheaper fashion. Emails can be misread to where your problem never gets resolved where a simple phone call can usually have the issue taken care of in a matter of minutes. If yer worried about calling for what ever reason we all can assure you the CS team at Taurus IS top notch and they will do what ever it takes to help you with your problem!!! Try it, you might be surprised how much easier it is!!

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
In 2011/2012, how can any company that's worth a damn NOT have an email address to reach Customer Service?
I concur that it would be nice, but as has been pointed out, not likely. I work a lot of non-standard, and night shifts so it can be difficult to take care of some business during 'business hours', and the time-zones compound that. In the interest of 'fairness', I'm not sure how old some of the threads are, but I've read many stories about phone calls to CS that exemplify all the cited mis- communication problems of an email system, for example - multiple CS reps said that "The PT917 has the SAME front sight as the PT92". It's not inherent only to Taurus CS, but people in general. Perhaps, as a compromise, after an initial phone call to start the process and get a case # generated, one could get email access as long as the case # is referenced??

1 - 20 of 42 Posts