Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been checking my county's health dept. COVID-19 numbers daily since the first week of April. They supposedly update the numbers daily before 2pm. I hadn't been strictly paying attn to the #'s at first, but after the 1st week of this I noticed the number of cases only appeared to change by one. So on the 2nd week I wrote the numbers down. They have listed number of cases, # hospitalized, number of deaths, # of confirmed and # of probable. Since I started writing it down I noticed the #'s of total cases have not changed at all, although the # of deaths went up slightly. Not a big surprise there, since I know from news accounts that almost 70% of the cases were connected to two nursing homes. The number of deaths has not changed in over 2 weeks. They don't list new cases or recovered, and I found out why today when I contacted someone. I thought the numbers weren't being updated, but it turns out they post total cases reported or suspected by just adding to the total from before. He said the reason they don't list recovered is that they never received official guidance from the state on how to classify or define who has recovered. It matters not if you got sick 2 or 3 months ago and are negative on a test now. So the totals are only an accumulation of when they started posting #'s, from probably the last 2 months.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Everyday at noon we hear the report of the latest new cases, new deaths and totals of both. The numbers just don't seem to be on the money. Two days ago we had 24 deaths in Pennsylvania, yesterday it was over 500 and today 94. These are the same people that want us to trust them to count mail in votes.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Funny how they don't report the numbers of dead from "elective" surgery cancellations, people afraid to go to the ER for heart attacks/strokes, etc. Or the devastation caused because people can't get routine treatment. I'm overdue for a endocrinologist visit because she won't see patients. For 15 years, it was written in blood I see one every 3 months. Now, suddenly, it's too dangerous. Makes me wonder if those 800 dollar a pop, 1500 once a year visits were necessary at all. Or maybe they're going to cut my feet off, who knows? I guess it's worth it to save one life.....just not mine. As far as the "numbers" go, I haven't believed them in a long time, at least not since they admitted counting all pulmonary deaths as Covid. What about the suicides, drug overdoses, etc related to social isolation? How about the food shortages coming soon?

·
Super Moderator
35,572 Posts
To give this some perspective, the total deaths in Illinois in 2018 (the latest year found) were over 110,000 or 9,167 per month on average. Yesterday our total number of Covid "related" deaths was put at 2,974. That would be for the 3 1/2 months that this has been going on. Yes, it's not good because of the age and demographic of the victims, but it's hardly the monumental human tragedy that we have been led to believe and shut down our vibrant economy while making citizens suffer and be dependent on the government.​

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
To give this some perspective, the total deaths in Illinois in 2018 (the latest year found) were over 110,000 or 9,167 per month on average. Yesterday our total number of Covid "related" deaths was put at 2,974. That would be for the 3 1/2 months that this has been going on. Yes, it's not good because of the age and demographic of the victims, but it's hardly the monumental human tragedy that we have been led to believe and shut down our vibrant economy while making citizens suffer and be dependent on the government.
A bloodless revolution resulting in forced dependency on government, a Communist dream come true. Especially when the prize is the United States.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
In some places the pandemic just doesn't seem real, in other places it is very real. My town- Mobile is the hotspot for Alabama. Why?- I do not know. And for a city, Mobile is small. We had 28 covid deaths yesterday. Haven't had an update yet this morning so that number may go up.
I for one prefer that the restrictions stay in place til we get better numbers on new cases/deaths.
There are some counties near by that have had lest that 10 cases since mid March and no deaths. I believe its fine for them to go back to normal. But for here- no, I believe they are relaxing too quickly.

EDIT: Correction- Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet?- we has 28 deaths in the state yesterday, 5 in Mobile. I log all these numbers every day since March 13th, sometimes I forget what column I am reading from.

·
Super Moderator
35,572 Posts
I still feel that density plus dependency on public transportation is key to the spread of the virus. "Mature" people should definitely avoid these scenarios and NY state should NEVER have mandated or even suggested that nursing homes and assisted living institutions take in Covid positive patients. That was murder, plain and simple.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: They now posted some "recovered" numbers, people who lived through it and been retested I guess. The # of recovered and the # of deaths still don't add up to the total # infected, but that could be people technically still in recovery. The important thing is no NEW cases, no NEW deaths, although some who are still in recovery (particularly the ones hospitalized) might still die.

·
Super Moderator
35,572 Posts
I know of two people that are in my wife's work group that had the virus over two months back, are recovered from symptoms and are still in quarantine because they are still testing positive for the virus.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
I know of two people that are in my wife's work group that had the virus over two months back, are recovered from symptoms and are still in quarantine because they are still testing positive for the virus.
That's the first I've heard of anything like that. I always thought that anyone that was recovered was no longer contagious, testing positive for antibodies, but not for the virus.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
In some places the pandemic just doesn't seem real, in other places it is very real. My town- Mobile is the hotspot for Alabama. Why?- I do not know. And for a city, Mobile is small. We had 28 covid deaths yesterday. Haven't had an update yet this morning so that number may go up.
I for one prefer that the restrictions stay in place til we get better numbers on new cases/deaths.
There are some counties near by that have had lest that 10 cases since mid March and no deaths. I believe its fine for them to go back to normal. But for here- no, I believe they are relaxing too quickly.

EDIT: Correction- Maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet?- we has 28 deaths in the state yesterday, 5 in Mobile. I log all these numbers every day since March 13th, sometimes I forget what column I am reading from.
That still only comes to 2.5 deaths per 100,000 people. I would think the fatality rate for the flu would be as high or higher. I do agree that hotspots should remain under mask and social distancing restrictions, but not house arrest.

·
Registered
861 Posts
The state I live in has had new cases but our ACTIVE cases is around 30.....yes 30 for over 1.1 Million people. Yet we are still in PHASE 1. I feel for those who live in Pennsylvania, they started a "phase" process yet instead of going with the standard 1-2-3 system as suggested, their glorious governor went with RED-YELLOW-GREEN system. I bet that will really confuse people.

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
So, based on comments posted thus far, welcome to the Covid-19 nightmare. As I've been saying for about a month or more, how the info is bring packaged, compartmentalized and reported for human consumption has played an active role in how the viral illness has also now been weaponized against an unsuspecting and "eager for more" info citizenship using not only illness management but experimentations with abuse of political power as the cherry on top.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
The state I live in has had new cases but our ACTIVE cases is around 30.....yes 30 for over 1.1 Million people. Yet we are still in PHASE 1. I feel for those who live in Pennsylvania, they started a "phase" process yet instead of going with the standard 1-2-3 system as suggested, their glorious governor went with RED-YELLOW-GREEN system. I bet that will really confuse people.
Well if anyone here lives in a liberated state don't bother coming to Pennsylvania, we're still in time out.

·
Super Moderator
35,572 Posts
So, based on comments posted thus far, welcome to the Covid-19 nightmare. As I've been saying for about a month or more, how the info is bring packaged, compartmentalized and reported for human consumption has played an active role in how the viral illness has also now been weaponized against an unsuspecting and "eager for more" info citizenship using not only illness management but experimentations with abuse of political power as the cherry on top.
I am thinking that the initial wave of scary news was designed to expand awareness of the virus, educate people on it's spread and target victims and impress upon them the need to take precaution. The Italian scenario was disastrous yet few factored in demographics and societal influences to their outcome.

Now the current fad is to speak to resurgence and reappearance in 2021, the need for vaccine and some states claiming that we need to be shut down until vaccines and cures are available everywhere and for everyone. This is big business talking and politicians sweating for the chance to lick big business' feet.

BTW...when was the last time that you heard of someone getting or dying of SARS?

SARS graph.jpg

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
^^^^^^^^
As you appropriately asked regarding SARS - great question and timely - it would be > 15 years since anyone dealt with it. Yet it was caused by a coronavirus strain. How much more appropriate and relevant can you get?

Anyone want to wonder why the American people are always operating well behind the curve of what the COVID-19 is really doing? Why the WHO lied about transmissibility (human to human) of the virus and claimed it was only animal to human transmitted. The CV-19 does NOT infect animals from humans or humans from animals! It did NOT start in a Bat in a wet market - it began "life" in a lab.

The people need the equivalent of a "Hubble space telescope" to evaluate objects by getting rid of the interference of he atmosphere and anything else that clouds the vision. The Hubble (30 years and aging) put us so far ahead of the "curve" of astronomical discovery that it has changed up to 500 years of previously "canon" cosmologial data. And we can answer questions with 90% + accuracy - a rate previously unknown to mankind.

Stay resolute and aware.

·
Super Moderator
35,572 Posts
^^ Your last observation is on point when we examine our scientists, medical researchers and the rest currently. They have become jaded and perverted by money and special interests just like our journalists of today.

Your first clue is anyone who uses the term "settled science". No scientist would ever view a theory as the end of a quest. It is merely a waypoint on the journey for the truth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts