Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at getting a browning buckmark but I ended up putting 2 guns on layaway a CPO (certified pre owned) Sig p229 for $449 and a ATI firefly for $169 I used $400 in gift card from the shop that I got in contests that they run I expect to win enough to finish paying for them in the next 90 days

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
(certified pre owned)= Guaranteed used
Used for 1/2 the price does not bother me it may bother you and if so I suggest that you only buy new

Sig Sauer CPO - Certified Pre Owned P229, 40S&W

Includes Sig Sauer 1 year factory warranty !!
These pre-owned Sig Sauer pistols have been Factory Certified after passing the Sig Sauer five point factory certification process. No certified pre-owned Sig Sauer pistol leaves the factory without the approval of the expert Sig Sauer armourers. Before receiving its factory (CPO) certified pre-owned status each pistol is:
1. stripped 2. refitted withoriginal factory parts where needed 3. cleaned and lubricated 4. function tested and hand inspected by a certified Sig Sauer armourer.

·
Super Moderator
35,365 Posts
Thanks for being a RAY OF SUNSHINE
My guess is he means that "certified used", it's used, but with a guarantee from the seller? Don't know, just how I read it.

Anyway, glad you've got something new to play with. :D I buy a lot of mine used with NO guarantee. In fact, 3 of my current 5 Taurus handguns are used. They've all been good scores for me. :D I bought two of 'em from dealers at gun shows and one from a fellow Taurusarmed member recently. I'm quite happy with all of 'em.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,244 Posts
:hand2:

Enjoy the "new to you" handguns. I own several previously pleasured firearms, none with a guarantee, that would be nice, but everyone is a shooter and I wouldn't sell them for what I gave.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Forget the "used" vs "new" stuff and tell me more about this contest where you might win enough to bring home 2 nice pistols. The only contests around here the top prize is a new hat.
Congrats on adding 2 fine pistols to your collection.

·
Premium Member
13,414 Posts
I have bought several of the Sig certified pre-owned pistols and they are a fantastic buy. Everyone I've had looked brand new, they have their springs changed out and have been checked by Sig smiths which even gives them a bit of an edge on factory new in my book. Congrats on a great buy!

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forget the "used" vs "new" stuff and tell me more about this contest where you might win enough to bring home 2 nice pistols. The only contests around here the top prize is a new hat.
Congrats on adding 2 fine pistols to your collection.
Buds Gun shop ask the community you answer customers questions and get points when you get your answer selected as the "best answer". Every week they have a drawing for 5 $50 dollar gift cards, you build points until you win and then they zero out your points and you start over

Reactions: 45 Forever

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I'm not besmirching the quality of the gun.
I'm just equating it to the auto phenom of 'certified'.
Back when I was younger we had new cars and used cars.
Then some marketer came up with a new category and called it 'certified'.
To me I equated it to checking the oil and tire pressure before putting it on the lot.
I doubt there is any real difference between new/use guns other than appearance.

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
Certified preowned by SIG actually means something. I have a S&W 686 that has passed through several owner's. And it is a keeper, I had my gunsmith go over it and did a trigger job on it. It is one of my most accurate guns I own. When buying used just know what to look for and have it checked over by gunsmith if you have any concerns.
CONGRATULATIONS on a great purchase!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: NativeTexan

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not besmirching the quality of the gun.
I'm just equating it to the auto phenom of 'certified'.
Back when I was younger we had new cars and used cars.
Then some marketer came up with a new category and called it 'certified'.
To me I equated it to checking the oil and tire pressure before putting it on the lot.
I doubt there is any real difference between new/use guns other than appearance.
Sam I apologize I took it another way these are basically factory referb guns

1 - 12 of 12 Posts