Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
The problem with things like that is that the sights have to absorb UV light to glow. If you keep your weapon concealed on your person, in a drawer, or in a safe they don't glow. Nitesiters also sells a UV flashlight that will "charge" the sights, but puts out very little visible light.

Night sights are great and very beneficial but a training course on Low Light handgun operation is one of the best things I have ever done. You learn flashlight techniques, target acquisition, moving in the dark, etc...

A huge percentage of incidents in which a gun is used for self-defense occur in low(or no) light.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I put them on my 1985 vintage PT-92. They're OK when freshly charged with my UV flashlight. I haven't really tried to expose them to a powerful UV lamp (don't own one) for an hour or so to see how long they'll continue to glow. Maybe you can try the experiment.:D

You can find Heine tritium sights for a lot of Tauri on ebay for about $75. You really need a sight press to install them, though. If you try to pound them into the dovetail, you can break the glass vial that holds the tritium, whereupon they become less visible than Nitesighters. Don't ask me how I know this.:blush:

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
When you look at the thread topic quickly I read it as nihilists....

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just put an Armalazer GTO on mine. I don't worry about shooting in the dark.

IMG_20140805_112921_783.jpg

·
Registered
694 Posts
I put these on one of my PT-140's. They work as advertised. I hit them with my flashlight and they glow for a few minutes. In a defense situation, that should be enough. They are not overly bright and they do not glow to the point of highlighting your face in the dark.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts