Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a set of Nitesiters along with the UV pen light and installed them on my pistol. Gave them a shot with the UV, they glowed brightly for a couple of minutes and when I went back after about a half hour, and it was like I was looking at the regular white dot sights, no glow at all. I followed the directions to the letter. Are these just a lot of hype?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I bought the same set up as you, Don. If you charge the dots for a few minutes they will glow brightly for a while. They don't hold a bright glow for very long though. But if your eyes are adjusted to the dark, you will still be able to see the dim glow for well over 1/2 hour.

I try to keep the pen light near the gun at night. Hoping that if the gun is needed I will have a few seconds to give the sights a shot of UV before I need them. If I don't have time for that, chances are the BG will be too close to use the sights anyway.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
rwcreigh said:
sorry i dont have your answer,but i do not see nitesiters on the top as sponsors anymore!what happen?
We have added a new sponsor and the adds appear to rotate as to which one is up at a given time.

Steelheart

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
2 new sponsors actually. :)

Yes, Dave is still here, and he is still a sponsor, and is in good standing. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Heya guys...

Nitesiters should glow for 8 to 10 hours. The bright initial glow you guys are getting is whats' expected, but you should be able to see them have some illumination for a whole lot longer. There are a couple factors that play into whether or not their easily viewable or not. How well your eyes are adjusted to the dark and how much ambient lighting is around are the two big ones. The test I use for mine are that I put them under my bedside table lamp for 5 to 10 minutes before I go to bed. I usually get to bed around 10 during the week. I can still see them easily with my night acclimated eyes at 5:30am when I wake up.

Please do feel free to call with any questions or comments. I don't like it when people are unsatisfied with my product and like to make things right by them. Try doing that litmus test and let me know what you find out. Maybe you did just get a bad set. (hope not, but i'll make it right if you did).

THANKS!
Dave Presley
Nitesiters
602-327-0152

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey dave,

I just sent you an email about an upcoming video review I'm planning for nightsiters. check your email and get back to me when it's convenient please. :)

Thanks for being so approachable.

nitesiter said:
Heya guys...

Nitesiters should glow for 8 to 10 hours. The bright initial glow you guys are getting is whats' expected, but you should be able to see them have some illumination for a whole lot longer. There are a couple factors that play into whether or not their easily viewable or not. How well your eyes are adjusted to the dark and how much ambient lighting is around are the two big ones. The test I use for mine are that I put them under my bedside table lamp for 5 to 10 minutes before I go to bed. I usually get to bed around 10 during the week. I can still see them easily with my night acclimated eyes at 5:30am when I wake up.

Please do feel free to call with any questions or comments. I don't like it when people are unsatisfied with my product and like to make things right by them. Try doing that litmus test and let me know what you find out. Maybe you did just get a bad set. (hope not, but i'll make it right if you did).

THANKS!
Dave Presley
Nitesiters
602-327-0152

·
Super Moderator
21,719 Posts
I think we get a little anctious sp with the UV light and not give them enough time I found if I sat the pen down or the gun under a bright light I got better results. do they replace expensive night sites no, but I don't expect them to for the price. they do help in getting used to the Heinie sites.
if its cloudy or your at an indoor range. I stand behind them for my PT1911 and Daves company he fills a gap that needed filling and my hat goes off to him. Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Sunlight is by far the best charging mechanism for NiteSiters.
So if you live in the Pacific Northwest, use a traditional incandescent bulb. :D

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I gotta say ... very nice video! I agree with you though, the video doesn't do the sites justice. They are surprisingly bright in the 'stage 1'.

·
Administrator
35,567 Posts
I may be ordering some of these pretty soon, the sites on my Keltec PF9 look like they are molded into the slide.....in other words, I don't think the front sight comes off. :-\ Well, nitesiters is sure a great alternative to that !!

·
Registered
438 Posts
i am ordering a set just because of the video, i had seen the website before but was skeptical, not after the video though thanks nitesiters and jedi

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
dualshotty said:
i am ordering a set just because of the video, i had seen the website before but was skeptical, not after the video though thanks nitesiters and jedi
Your video sold me on them also. Thanks and I enjoyed your other videos also.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a pack of Nitesiters.

If you are able to leave your pistol in the sun all day or under a lamp all the time, then they will glow when the lights are out (for a short period of time).

If you go to bed at 11:00 and wake up at 4:00AM don't expect them to glow, as they will not.

Save your money, they just aren't worth it.

·
Super Moderator
35,363 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
I may be ordering some of these pretty soon, the sites on my Keltec PF9 look like they are molded into the slide.....in other words, I don't think the front sight comes off. :-\ Well, nitesiters is sure a great alternative to that !!
I'm not real sure about the PF9, but I know I could send the P11 in for tritium installation, but it wasn't cheap. IIRC 70 bucks or something like that and I think it's just one tritium insert in the front site.

I've been tossing around what to do with it. The night sighter are an effective and affordable answer. I like the Arma Laser concept, but I don't know about electronics adding weight to a carry pistol. Sure sounds like a fantastic system, though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts