Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed nitesiters on all 3 of my pt111's. great product. easy to install even with my byfocals. shine a LED flashlight on them for a second and the glow like the old analog watches from Timex back in the 60's. O, i forgot to mention cheap. around $16 shipping and all for 8 dots. check them out here....

Nitesiters Handgun Night Sights

don't know how many of you out there have these on their firearms. anyone out there us these for any amount of time? how long will they last?:guns:

·
Super Moderator
21,612 Posts
I got them for my straight eights on my 1911 when they first came out and they still are going strong. And that was a long time ago.

·
Super Moderator
21,612 Posts
The cheap Little UV flashlight they sell. The UV bulbs in it makes them glow longer. And does not ruin your night sight. Well worth the $10 I would even spend the extra for the better one now they only had real cheep ones back then. It looked like a laser pointer. LOL but works great And makes them glow fast and long.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
The mil standard sights on an RIA 1911 are hard to get on target for my old eyes so I put Night Sighters on the rear sight. I tried to put a single dot on the staked front sight but it wouldn't stay, even with the additional glue they provide as it scrapes a bit when the pistol comes out of my holster.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just installed nitesiters on all 3 of my pt111's. great product. easy to install even with my byfocals. shine a LED flashlight on them for a second and the glow like the old analog watches from Timex back in the 60's. O, i forgot to mention cheap. around $16 shipping and all for 8 dots. check them out here....

Nitesiters Handgun Night Sights

don't know how many of you out there have these on their firearms. anyone out there us these for any amount of time? how long will they last?:guns:

Thanks for the info. I ordered the nitesite dots to see how they work.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I had a real bad customer service issue with them a couple years back. I eventually got them, and they are still on my 1911, but I'd never order from them again.

Use the search function I believe there are at least 3 threads on poor service.

If you got good CS then more power to you, but he will not be getting any of my business or positive word of mouth.

·
Super Moderator
21,612 Posts
I got them within a week and got a call to make sure I received them. You can't beat that. He did run into a tough personal time and as he was the only one in the business I would cut him some slack as this happened a long time ago. I have not seen a complaint about him in a long time. He was also one of our first sponsors.
When we just started out. So don't be to hard on him.

·
Registered
612 Posts
hmm.. boomarked ! =)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I received my nitesites today and got them on with no problem. They seem to glow bright and a fairly long time with about a 10 sec shine from my flashlight.
A nice addition for the price.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I couldn't get them to stay on my old PX4 Storm (a gun which I should have never sold or traded, God Save me) as the glue kept failing, no matter how clean I got the sights. When I sold my PT1911, it was equipped with Nightsighters and they'd stayed on pretty well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
with the cost of trijicon or firesights, i thought this would be a great start. after buying, it will be my only choice. by the way any money I can save on accorieses leaves more for ammo and more firearms!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts