Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would let you guys know that we have a new site sponsor.

Dave at www.nitesiters.com has a nice alternative that's much more reasonably priced than the tritrium night sights. I gotta say ... I've ordered me some, and I can't wait to see how good they work.

Maybe Dave will drop in and fill in where I left out. At any rate, I just wanted to give him a nice warm welcome to the site as a sponsor.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome nitesiters. I actually bought a pack back in January. For $10 bucks how do you go wrong. You even get enough to put on a few guns. They were very easy to install and they are a lot brighter than tritrium. The only thing is they don't last very long. I have tried direct sun light, led and just leaving them under a lamp for a few hours and the longest they lasted was a about 1 1/2 hours. I have them on my bedside gun and the nice thing is if you give them about 15-20 seconds of a good led light they will last for about 10-15 minutes which should be long enough if a BG tries to break into your home and you need them. Great product excellent price good option for a home defense gun but I wouldn't suggest them for concealed carry.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I saw them a while back and was gonna try them but haven't ordered any yet. I will probably try them and if I don't like them I'm only out ten bucks. I've spent more money on less useful things.

·
Administrator
35,162 Posts
Yeah, like flowers and candy.....OOPS - did I say that out loud?

·
Super Moderator
21,452 Posts
I ordered the sites and the led UV light, they came in a week and they are easy to put on your regular sites. the UV light really brightens them up. I got them for my pt1911 they have helped me transission to the heinie sites. I wish they would last longer but they are worth what you pay for them and they do help. Plus Dave is a great guy and is there for you if you need him.
I give them a thumbs up and wish his company well.

·
Super Moderator
21,452 Posts
The directions are simple but he does not say where the razor and toothpick are. they are in the side of the pack there is a little seal open it up and they are right there.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
dont know if he's offering the same deal for this board but he's over on berettaforum.net also.
he gives 10% discount just tell him who you are, i believe he's giving this discount to anyone on all gunboards.

anyway ya i was thinking about getting these for my 92, but if they only last 90-120mins then i think ima treat my baby to some night sights instead.

planing on getting a milpro though and these might be nice for that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Heya guys!!! Yes... i'll absolutely offer the 10% off for forum members! Just shoot me an email after the order and i'll refund you the money. :)

I'd love to talk with you guys about the glow times you're getting. Im running short on time at the moment or I would. You should absolutely get 6 to 8 hours glow time out of your sights. If you're not, please do write me because id love to get more information on whats going on and what some possible resolutions could be.

THANKS FOR THE WARM FUZZY WELCOME GUYS!!

Dave Presley
Nitesiters
[email protected]
602-327-0152

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Warmest of welcomes Dave, very glad to have you with us and a toast to the future.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a customer send me pics of Nitesiters on his gun..

The front dot is the from the large dot set. I think that it would work great on the heinie sight configuration. If anyone HAS done it, let me know how it worked out for ya. I'd be interested to get some feedback.

Dave Presley
Nitesiters
:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts