Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried them yet? Does anyone have any feedback on the ones from PT?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have purchased and installed "nitesiters" They work great. The right amount of exposure to a light source and they will glow for hours. I have used them at the indoor range with very good results.

·
Super Moderator
21,581 Posts
North star how many of the night siters do you get in a package I have the heinie strait eights and my eys aren't that good I was wondering if it would help . Maybe just some more practice. but are closest gun range just closed I've got to drive 40 miles to find the next closest range. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You get 4 pairs of dots (8) to put on the white sight dots. If you have a little struggle with the eys like most of us, You might ned the assistance of a younger set of eyes. These dots are very small and need to be positioned carefully. Once they are in the right location, you will have to borrow a hairdryer to heat the area around the dots to set the glue on the back of the dots. I have these on my Kel-tec PF-9 ant the PT1911 and they work great.

North Star

·
Super Moderator
21,581 Posts
Thanks North Star I'll give them a try :)

·
Registered
377 Posts
pocketcarry: I didn't answer your question about nitesiters for your PT 745. I don't know. Best to contact nitesiters. I know that the guy is very helpful and will do what it takes ro satisfy. Give hom a shout.

·
Super Moderator
21,581 Posts
I ordered them and got them in about a week I also ordered the uv flashlight that brighten them a lot faster. If you have bad Eyes for close up work get help, trying to hold the gun between your knees and install them is a little trying. Other then that they work great and are vary bright. it helps at the range (indoor) but they won't replace true nite sights for daily carry. the Guy that runs his company is real easy to get ahold of and repsonds to e-mails or calls right away. In my opionion they can be used on about any gun. hope this helps anyone considering them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts