Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOTE for the benifit of those that don't look at the concealed carry forum I am posting this here as well!!!

As others have found the Wilson Night Eyes will work on the PT111 Mil Pro 3rd Gen with a little work. Very little...

The front sight was very tight and I had to drive it in with a brass drift! There is no way it is moving anywhere.

The rear sight is a little loose but it has a set screw and I shimmed it with a sliver of .007 feeler gauge on the back edge of the dovetail. I also used a large amount of red Locktite gel under the sight and a small dap on the set screw. The front sight is enough lower than the original sights (straight eights) that I think the gun will most likely require a diff hold... I will know better once I shoot the gun. Note the top of the rear sight is the same hight from the slide as the factory rear sight even though there is a slight gap on the wilson.

I will post a range report once a test has been completed.

the sights are these ones. http://www.wilsoncombat.com/a_sights_ne.asp

The non night sights are the same fit so would work for those that don't need nights sights but want three dot sights.

The ones that I purchased are the second ones from the top of the list.

note these should work on all of the MIL Pro line ans well as the 24/7

A few pictures of them installed!

Reactions: Alfonse

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 367d and 367t are the ones that will fit... the 367t are the night sights. They are for the 1911 and if you look at the fit chart you will see that the Taurus PT1911 falls under the A category and the 367d and t are the ones that fit the A category!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6-oclock hold at 10 to 15 yards seems to work for me... however I never had a problem with the straight 8's if I covered the target with the front sight and lined up the front blade top with the top of the rear sight...

I only had time to shoot 50 rds today behind my parents place ... I will try and get a better range report once i can get to the pistol range at my club...

Edit to add.... I just measured the williams firesight front sight an it is .213 high and the factory front sight is .295 high.

The wilson sight is .182 high major Diff!!!

this measurement is from the top of the slide to the highest point on the front sight for each respective sight.

NOTE the rear sight in each case is the same hight as the factory sight.

This means that the wilson combat front sight is .113 shorter than the factory front sight...

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
You just solved a big problem for me - thanks !! I wasn't aware that the Wilson night sights would work with the Mil Pro, I had a horrible experience with PT Night Sights and would use NO sights on my PT145 instead of dealing with them again.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad my little adventure will help someone else! I am very happy with these sights! They have dim yellow rear dots and a bright green front dot! They also have a sliver ring around the dots to help them show up better in the daylight!

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
I purchased from Novak some tritium sights for my PT1911 instead and I love them.....but I'm ready to get my PT145 night-combat ready.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These have tritium inserts also! The ones I got for my CZ82 are Meprolight

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
put another 100 rounds through it and I am very happy with the sights! Shoots to POA with no problem!! Groups are no diff than before.. but then i expected that...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Autosurgeon, I followed your lead and ordered a set from Wilson Combat, also. I just installed them tonight. Pretty easy actually. Hopefully the weather is good Sunday morning so I can test out the sights. I just want to get the normal targeting I'm used to instead of the cover the target deal.

·
Registered
123 Posts
bluzman. Will be awaiting the results of your shooting. Spad

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am going to get a set for my PT111. I just don't feel comfortable with the 8's.
Question-Anything special to getting them lined up side to side when installing or does the
set screw align them correctly?

Go easy on the noob please.

Jay

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
If it fits a PT111 it should fit a PT 145 also. Have any one tyed it in a PT 145 yet?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine is a PT145. They fit fine. When you put the front site on it is just a lite press fit. You use a punch and tap it in until it is centered on the slide. The rear one just fits right in like the stock one and you can center it from side to side and tighten the set screw.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So you do have to sight it for side to side when your done installing them correct?
What about hand down? The 8's shot real low for me.

Jay

1 - 20 of 53 Posts