Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As others have found the Wilson Night Eyes will work on the PT111 Mil Pro 3rd Gen with a little work. Very little...

The front sight was very tight and I had to drive it in with a brass drift! There is no way it is moving anywhere.

The rear sight is a little loose but it has a set screw and I shimmed it with a sliver of .007 feeler gauge on the back edge of the dovetail. I also used a large amount of red Locktite gel under the sight and a small dap on the set screw. The front sight is enough lower than the original sights (straight eights) that I think the gun will most likely require a diff hold... I will know better once I shoot the gun. Note the top of the rear sight is the same hight from the slide as the factory rear sight even though there is a slight gap on the wilson.

These sights worked fine witha 6 o-clock hold at 10 to 15 yds... shot it today 3-28-09 50 rds... No paper just bear cans but I hit them all dead center with a 6 o-clock hold...

Note the Wilson front sight is .113 shorter than the factory Heine front sight the rear is the same hight as the factory rear sight.

the sights are these ones. http://www.wilsoncombat.com/a_sights_ne.asp

The non night sights are the same fit so would work for those that don't need nights sights but want three dot sights.

The ones that I purchased are the second ones from the top of the list.

note these should work on all of the MIL Pro line ans well as the 24/7

A few pictures of them installed!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have thought about changing sights, but would love to have a laser. The ones I have seen are a bulb off the front of the gun. Not cool for a CC.

Wishful thinking.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct at 10 to 15 yards 6 0-clock hold.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.