Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
G3/TX22
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I prefer night sights on all of my pistols. I've found value in them both on and off-duty. Doesn't seem like folks put them on their G3's though.

·
Registered
37,220 Posts
Always felt nite sites are redundant ,Why ,after first short in darkness night blind by blast would make it almost impossible to re aquisition sigthing on sites .So anyway yes glock nite sites will work on your G 3 .Good luck !

yea!
but then again that FIRST shot in a really dark area might be just a little important!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I put the Taurus night sights on my g3. I like them. Had problems with the front screw not tightening down. Would wiggle. Taurus sent me new screws same result. Bought some front sight screws on Amazon that worked. Taurus screws have a space in-between the screw head and the threads. The ones that's worked where threaded right to the screw head.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have tru glo night sights on one of my S&W M&P pistols with a white background. I cant see them during the day, in the dark they're great. If you go with night sights, do yourself a favor and get the orange or green outer circle for daytime use. Just my .02

·
Registered
889 Posts
Just make sure to get the right kind. There are 2 different dovetails that the G3 has been equipped with. The newest ones all have the "steel sights" type in the photo below. But, that is a fairly recent change.
Photograph Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel

·
Registered
181 Posts
Any idea why that change was made? I read the rear sight screw was coming loose, I assume that was their fix?

Just make sure to get the right kind. There are 2 different dovetails that the G3 has been equipped with. The newest ones all have the "steel sights" type in the photo below. But, that is a fairly recent change.
View attachment 482192

·
Registered
889 Posts
I would think because they received good feedback on the switch to Glock style sights on the G3C. They were making changes on the slide anyway for the TORO pistols (and the big, earlier sights would not fit with the TORO system), so that would be my guess why they changed them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts