Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 24/7 Pro that I sold because I could not stand the sights. I actually sort of miss it and I am thinking about buying a new one. Can traditional nights sights be installed and if so who makes them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
579 Posts
I think that Williams makes a night site. I think you should have given the gun some time to get used to the Heine sights. There is some good information in this forum on the correct use of these sights. I had more trouble getting use to the trigger pull than the use of the sights. I would never get rid of my 27/7 pro c as it fits like a glove. Don't hesitate to get another and get used to the Heine sights. The more I shoot the more accurate I get. Do not feel bad about the sights. I thought the same thing but once you understand the correct way to sight the gun you will find the accuracy you are looking for. I found that with the 17+ and 15+ mags, that your grip changes causing your shots to stray. Get used to the grip and trigger and practice, practice. I do not think the night sights would help that much. I prefer shooting in daylight and with the added magazine capacity, shooting a BG in the dark and missing with 17+ 1 you might as well throw the gun at them on shot 19 !! I am not trying to be sarcastic , and I thought I was a pretty good shot before the purchase of the 24/7. Get used to the gun and you will fall back in love.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You can get 'standard' 3 dot night sights from Heinie that fit the 24/7 pro. #418 Heinie Taurus 24/7 SlantPro 3-D Night Sight set w/ Tritium inserts.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Williams aren't a nite sight. they use fiber optic which glows in the light.I true dark there is no glow, but with some light glow pretty well but glow best in day light. Heinie is the only company I've found that makes nite sights that will fit with NO modifications. Cost is around $130 or $140 if I remember.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts