Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to give them a try. One of our members had brought them up in a post.

If you are on the fence about them, 5/5/19 is the last day that promo code NRA20 gets you 20% off. I figured that would do it for me to try them.

I'll have to let you know what I think about them. My CZ P-07 will be the test.

Maloy

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Are these sights new? I've never heard of them before. Please tell me more...

Don

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Thank you mr. Malloy! I had not seen them before...

Don

·
23,197 Posts
https://www.nightfision.com/

From what I can tell is that they are pretty new at it and a US company using Swiss Tritium.

Maloy
So that's what company we're talking about!

Swiss tritium, eh? I wasn't aware that nuclei with one proton and two neutrons kept track of passports. Although, having made that smart-alec remar(ahem) pithy observation, I'll admit that I'd be more certain that it didn't have anything else in it coming from there than from, say, Russia.

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
I think I'll pass on fissionable material as gunsights.

Although that would get you noticed at the range.
aww dunt be sKerred!
think of all the money that you will save on haircuts!
plus you will likely never need to replace your watch battery again, well as long as you keep it on your wrist!

·
Super Moderator
35,533 Posts
I've given up on night VISION ever being affordable, at least no FLIR. I went the cheap route and put a green laser on my rifle scope. Hogs can't see green, just think of it as first gen night vision. :laugh:

I don't know why I'd really want tritium sights on my self defense pistols. I can point shoot at inside 7.5 yards pretty accurately and I keep a flashlight handy in my night stand.

The way I understand it, the half life of tritium is such that after four or five years, it goes dark anyway.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Smart Aleck;) , it's purified in Swiss labs. Switzerland and Israel are some of the leading producers of commercial Tritium.

Now for some real useless trivia, pure Tritium in the 15 lbs or more can be crushed in an implosion and melt down releasing massive neutron radiation. In short, it's the core for the neutron bomb Carter kept pushing.

Maloy

So that's what company we're talking about!

Swiss tritium, eh? I wasn't aware that nuclei with one proton and two neutrons kept track of passports. Although, having made that smart-alec remar(ahem) pithy observation, I'll admit that I'd be more certain that it didn't have anything else in it coming from there than from, say, Russia.

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
The way I understand it, the half life of tritium is such that after four or five years, it goes dark anyway.
I thought it was a tad longer (7-8 years) on half life, I mean chernoble is still glowing isn't it??
that's actually pretty short to be honest in the big scheme of stuff that glows.
heck I think even Arsenic has a half life of like 120 years ???
course it don't glow.

Reactions: NativeTexan

·
Super Moderator
35,533 Posts
Now, I'm wondering if tritium sights carried appendix carry would cause you to go sterile? I mean, I don't have to worry about it at my age...or the wife's age, or whatever, but if I was a young buck......:laugh:

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
I am going to try the Novak Trijicon night sight front on my new 1911. I will post what I think of them after the guns gets back.

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
Now, I'm wondering if tritium sights carried appendix carry would cause you to go sterile? I mean, I don't have to worry about it at my age...or the wife's age, or whatever, but if I was a young buck......:laugh:
well its not near as much a worry as carrying this appendix carry to be honest!

Attachments

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
It's over 12 years and they say you can still see the glow past 20.

Maloy
SEE now thats EXACTLY why the #1 rule in hazardous material incidents is to never rely on your memory and check the Book!
well actually that's Rule #2
--Rule #1 is let the police go check out the chemical first , then set up the hot zone just outside the police bodies!!!
we call them Blue Canaries for a reason!

Reactions: oso

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I actually know a couple of dumbass cops that would do that to, I threw darts with them for years.

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
I actually know a couple of dumbass cops that would do that to, I threw darts with them for years.
ahh, yea you would be surprised what you see the untrained do at times!
HMM--I got an idea, why don't I drive around these 7 Fire trucks trying to block the road and just go right up to that 18 wheeler that has that sticky, foamy green stuff leaking out of the tail gate!!---Geeez!!!
I still have a lot of memories from the Olympic Park bombing back in 1996!
that did make for some very good training classes AFTER the incident a few days later!
God bless them they have the best intentions!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I still have a lot of memories from the Olympic Park bombing back in 1996!
that did make for some very good training classes AFTER the incident a few days later!
God bless them they have the best intentions!
Richard Jewell is a prime example why you can't trust the media. They destroyed his life.

Maloy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts