Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Yes! Convinced me even more that I made the right choice.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
I liked the review also.

Looking forward to the .40 and .45 versions.

BTW I am one of those "nuts" that trained with a manual safety and have learned to prefer it.

On ALL of my carry weapons, AFTER VERIFYING THAT THEY ARE INDEED EMPTY, I practice drawing them hundreds of times while clicking off the safety until it is a natural movement.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks for sharing the link to this great review of the new Taurus Millennium G2 PT111.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Oh no.

Might be time for me to upgrade the PT111 to the new Gen 2. :guns:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I actually found mine at a local gun shop near my house for 329.99. So I figured I would bite.
I love how it feels in the hand. Now I need to run some ammo through it.

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
Nice report; it's always good to hear a gun snob publicly admit they were wrong about Taurus products and become "born again" gun lovers. :r_c:

But I've got to rock the boat a tiny bit.:icon_ poke: Both my 3rd generation PT-111's are 100% reliable. Personally, I prefer their looks and feel over the PT-111 G-2.

According to Taurus's home website the PT-111 weighs about 17 oz while the G-2 version at about 21 oz. is 4 oz's heavier; why?

The only advantage I see (for me) in the G-2 is the disassembly apparatus they (and lots of other gun makers) have borrowed from GLOCK. With no rotatable removable pin to deal with, it is faster to field strip & reassemble. :thumb:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I actually found mine at a local gun shop near my house for 329.99. So I figured I would bite.
I love how it feels in the hand. Now I need to run some ammo through it.
Same thing happened to me. It was the first week of February and I had yet to see the announcement of it. I saw it in a gun shop I've never been to while doing some work in that town. I had already been looking at the Mil Pro and thought I'd take a blind chance on this one. These days If you can find what you want at a reasonable price, you'd better jump on it! I paid $344 for mine, and If I could learn to shoot it more accurately, I'd be 110% satisfied with it. 300+ rounds and flawless so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts