Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
I'm not a car guy in general, but if I did buy a fun car, a 69 Camaro would be it!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Nothing mentioned about price though. Less than 22,000 miles. That's a rare original bird!!! :eek:

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Thats a one in a million shot to own. Very nice. I could never own a car like that, I'd have to drive it.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
That was a great find indeed. As for the price, I would bet it was no less than $35,000.00 and maybe more.

I sold my 1967 Camaro four years ago; I had the car for 24 years, and I drove it a lot until my heart attack, then it set in the garage for 4 years. See below:

camaro 3.jpg

·
Registered
24,618 Posts
Very high end garage queen. Beautiful

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was a great find indeed. As for the price, I would bet it was no less than $35,000.00 and maybe more.

I sold my 1967 Camaro four years ago; I had the car for 24 years, and I drove it a lot until my heart attack, then it set in the garage for 4 years. See below:

View attachment 109795
I would bet six figures. That is certainly a rare one.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I'm thinking 35,000 wouldn't even be close.

Reactions: Stugots

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
My step father was an Officer Candidate (cadet) in northern California in the late '60's/ early '70's.
I distinctly remember that exact car, in Silver with a wide black racing stripe down the entire length of the car.
It was a 4-speed with the shifter in the console.
Fond memories of me sitting in the passenger seat/ mom driving, me shifting gears...

Reactions: aquajim

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
It was more that $35000. But less than 50 in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I read a story a few years ago about an eccentric old man that passed away. Rumors around town were he alot of classic cars.
The buyer got in contact with some of the family and made a deal to take a look.
The old man had several semi trailers back up door to door and removed the semi's tires. After finally getting the trailers separated when the doors opened, it was a gold mine. Several 50's corvettes, couple camaro's, custom ordered Nova and a few other classics. They were all very low mileage.
The crazy old man pulled all the motors and replaced them with different ones but he saved the originals. His thinking was if someone is going to steal them, they're not getting them original.
They were able to match all the #'s and put everything back.
There were also parts after parts after parts, all rare and all classic.

The old guy never had any kids, 2 of the nephews took a vette each and they sold the rest. I don't remember the total but it was astronomical.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts