Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I took a nice ride today to visit a gunshop about an hour and twenty minutes away. I had been hearing about it on the radio and Fb for awhile and wanted to check it out. We had a free day so it was a good thing to do. It brought us into the area she grew up so it was quite enjoyable. I bought an obligatory pound of Benchmark and a 4 pack of mouth diaphragm turkey calls. It was a very nice shop and worth the ride. We talked to the shop clerk for about 45 minutes or so. Nice guy and we shared some decent chat.

So, we're on our way home, come over a hill at about 57-59 mph and there is a Fed-Ex van parked with a Subaru in front of it, smoking like crazy. A semi truck was parked in front of that a bit. I pulled in, too, to see if I could help. By the time I got parked and got out, The car was fully engulfed in flames. The trucker told me that the lady driving it had gotten out fine and was in the Fed-Ex van. No help needed, but WOW, what a fire. We stayed until the FD got it extinguished then went on our way. It was pretty exciting there for about 20 minutes, with enough pops and blasts that I didn't want to get close.

Reactions: chicharrones

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Wow nice car-B-Q. Glad all were ok.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Wow!!! What a story! Glad the driver and everyone was safe. Aaah, fond memories of a "Nice Country Drive." :)

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
I saw a car on fire once. I remember that the heat was intense from even about 150 feet away.

Glad nobody was hurt. Really makes you appreciate the FD guys, doesn't it? :)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad no one was hurt. And yes, cars burn really well!
Man, they sure do! Even the pavement was on fire around the car. Some fire got over into the trees, too. That could have been real bad, as dry and windy as it is.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
....Really makes you appreciate the FD guys, doesn't it? :)
What amazed me is that most of them weren't even suited up. I know that they should have had SCBAs on with the toxic fumes.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Glad the driver got out okay, amazing how fast cars can go up in flames.

·
Registered
19,168 Posts
Toasty..:eek:

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
That's one you won't be seeing in a Suburu ad.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I'm glad no one was hurt.

Good pics, YOT. Everytime I see a carbeque, I never get good pics of it. Oh well, not like I'm a real photographer or anything . . . with my cell phone and all. :)

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I heard once that the most flammable liquid in a vehicle is the wiper fluid.

Glad everyone was ok, thanks for sharing the excitement.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm glad no one was hurt.

Good pics, YOT. Everytime I see a carbeque, I never get good pics of it. Oh well, not like I'm a real photographer or anything . . . with my cell phone and all. :)
Such a great ride and I forgot my camera, ready to go, on the dining room table. These were from my iPhone. But, thanks anyway.

On the bright side, now she gets to get a new ride. Hope she has good comprehensive insurance.
It turns out the lady is a teacher at my daughter's HS. Seems there was no indication of anything wrong, it just started smoking so she pulled over and got out. This seems like the stuff recalls are made of.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
The main thing is that no one was injured ! Maybe Subaru will buy her a Chevy ?

Reactions: YOT
1 - 16 of 16 Posts