Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a nice, leather holster for a PT92AFS. I wound up with this shiny gun, and it deserves to be carried in something more exotic than a kydex or a "ballistic nylon, one-size-fits-everything-else-but" . It is far too elegant to suffer such indignity.

I am thinking of a high-ride, forward tilted, leather with a thumb-break. Basket-weave might be nice. Kinda think "barbecue-gun" here, OK? Anybody have one they are proud of?

Thanks,

Flash

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
I carry my 945 in a Bianchi Minimalist leather belt holster, size 13/15. It's rather plain looking in general, but very functional and fits my P64 also. Only problem carrying the P64 in it is that i have to carry it in SA mode with no safety because the dummy strap won't grip on without it. But since the 945 and 92 share the same general lower, it would fit pretty well in there i think.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I use a Bianchi 92F/92SB leather thumb break for my PT99 and Beretta 92F. Be forewarned it will NOT fit a railed PT92, which is par for the course in terms of holsters.Im away from home right now or I could tell you the model number, i THINK it is #83 .

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks, Flash, for starting this thread.

I'll be interested in seeing some of the leather holsters that our folks are carrying their PT92s in.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I've got a Bianchi too. Advertised for the Beretta, but of course works for your Taurus. I believe mine is a Shadow.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
A B.B.Q. rig would be real nice. I like the three piece set-ups with holster, magazine pouch and matching belt. These have nice belt hardware, too.
El Paso Saddlery - Exotics
On my budget, I'll be wearing all Army surplus gear. Ya never know when you might have to bug-out during the middle of a B.B.Q.

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
Google leather holsters, and stand back.

There are some rather expensive custom rigs out there...;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks, Flash, for starting this thread.

I'll be interested in seeing some of the leather holsters that our folks are carrying their PT92s in.
Here's a 92FS in a Galco Royal Guard. It's clearly an IWB design, and it doesn't support a tactical rail but it's one of the most stable holster designs I've seen. The rough horsehide construction helps keep it in place. This holster also holds my CZ75B. Admittedly the tactical rail really narrows leather holster options in my opinion.

L1000959-1.jpg

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Try dmbullard.com. he has some really nice holsters in exotic skins and he builds a really nice rig! Merry Christmas and VOTE in 2012!!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The only leather holster I know fits the tactical rail PT series is Galco's Miami Classic II.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
prb: that is a dandy holster!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. I might get over to Gonzo Mountain this w/e and see if they have one. It, as yu say, is not leather, but it might fill in until I find EXACTLY what I want.

I have a couple other Fobus holsters for other pistols, and thy do work remarkably well. I like them for the minimalist, no-nonsense approach.

Flash

1 - 14 of 14 Posts