Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks!

New to Firearms and just purchased my first handgun (24/7 G2 9mm - Full Size). I have read alot about cleaning before going to the range and removing all the factory grease, but what about the firing pin area? Does that need to be completely removed and cleaned or will just shooting some CLP (or the like) in there suffice. A little unsure about removing that myself and putting it back together the right way, but if it is necessary I'll do it. Just want to take good care of things and do right by it! Your help is appreciated!

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I shoot some BreakFree into it once in awhile.
I don't want to disassemble it that far.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome from Texas! The striker assembly on the G2 is much easier to remove than the ones on the G1 and MilPro.
to show you how to remove the striker assembly. You will need to remove it sooner or later for thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Wow, just watched the video. I thought pulling out the one on my pt145 was pretty simple. Yeah, if it's that simple, IMHO go ahead and pull it out and clean it. That way you have one less thing that may cause an issue your first time at the range. Plus you'll learn a valuable skill and gain brownie points with friends who don't know anything about inner working of guns when you tell them "yeah, I just pulled the pin and cleaned it while I was at it too". They'll think you are all kinds of handy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts