Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
I've been a football fan since I came out of the womb. Had a relative that was a RB for the NY Giants in the 50's, and I was raised on football, played football, studied football. Love the game, and always considered it a cross between a chess match and gladiators. Not going to lose one bit or love or respect for the game because someone decided to kneel rather than stand to speak out against a what has been a serious problem in our country since the first boat landed here.

Reactions: Cariwine

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
If they make you think and talk about the issue, they win. When you change your behavior, they win. If they ruin something for you that you previously enjoyed, they win. So they've already won.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Brady did not have a good Tampa Bay debut. As a Patriots fan, you'll forgive me if that gave me a chuckle or two yesterday.
We might forgive you your chuckle, but we're sure not going to forgive you for being a Pat's fan!

As for watching sports (in general) I don't go out of my way any longer, but if I'm out somewhere (meal's/visiting a friend etc) and a game is on, I'll watch, maybe even with some actual interest depending on what sport and who is playing.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
The only professional sports I will watch is PRCA Rodeo and Bass Fishing.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Never really been a big football fan, played it a bit and watched it with my dad as a kid but it is slow and boring.
Rodeo, motorcycle racing and off road car and truck racing are more interesting.
Athletes and entertainers are not leaders and their opinion is no more important or valid than anyone else's.

·
21,931 Posts
Support the anti-American football league to watch a cheater play the game?

No.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Broke down and tuned in to watch a little action to see how Joe Burrow was doing. Think I'm good now except for occasionally checking stats and wins and losses. The Bengals make it easy to walk away!

If the super bowl is a Patriots versus Buccaneers, I'll have to watch. Doubtful though. Patriots maybe, but I think Brady should of retired two years ago. Maybe he should try eating some steak and hitting the weights.

Chiefs and Ravens are going to be tough to beat. Saints, Seahawks, and 49ers are probably going to be too strong down the stretch for the Buccaneers under Brady.

It is worse than quitting cigarettes!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts