Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found that the serrated backstrap on the new Bull grips are a good bit less pleasant to shoot (model M856) than the older textured original grips on my M85. They are deeper and have a sharper edge between the serrations that kind of digs into the hand, which disappointed me. Anyone else have the same experience?

I am thinking about filling in every other serration with black silicone and forming it smooth with a toothpick or something to see how that goes before buying new grips.

Other than that, I truly like the gun. The trigger is very smooth and stacks perfectly - even has a stop before breaking, which I like very much. Every bit as accurate and fun to shoot as the 85, 'cept for that dadgum backstrap...:confused:

·
Registered
901 Posts
I found that the serrated backstrap on the new Bull grips are a good bit less pleasant to shoot (model M856) than the older textured original grips on my M85.
Agree with your observation, and it lead me to replacing them with a pair of Uncle Mike's Combat Grips. You have an interesting idea to solve it. Keep us posted on your modification.

Reactions: MississippiYankee

·
Registered
848 Posts
Quote Originally Posted by MississippiYankee.
I found that the serrated backstrap on the new Bull grips are a good bit less pleasant to shoot (model M856) than the older textured original grips on my M85.

I agree on the Newer Bull Head grips. I recently purchased a new model 605ss2 and it had the newer grip on it. It didn't take me long to make a change.
Don't understand the Taurus International peoples thinking. They try to influence shooters by either changing something such as the grip or dropping a model like the 85.
I guess they will never learn.

·
Registered
901 Posts
I liked the Bull's head on the M85, but sold it off just prior to acquiring the M856. When I received the M856 the grips looked similar but something seemed different ex: the serrations Mississippi Yankee mentioned and they even felt a tad thinner to me.

Reactions: MississippiYankee

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those look great! I will definitely look at some wood grips if the silicone thing doesn't work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK - tried the silicone. It's OK, but I ended up getting a set of wood grips from the Taurus site. $11 plus shipping, which ironically, was as much as the grips.

Here's what it looks like now. They fit and feel great - well pleased. Probably gonna do the same to my M85.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts