Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
35,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anybody else knows, but I'm starting to see the newer 24/7 Pro with the ambi safety and DECOCKER. Pretty sweet gun, and it does cost considerably more than a regular 24/7 Pro. About $120 more, at least here.

·
Administrator
17,669 Posts
Actually, those are the newer standard barrel lengthed OSS Models, if the Taurus Website is to be believed. The 5 inch barreled models are Long Slides. According to my OSS's manual, anyways. I expect that the largely single action 24/7 Pro line will be phased out in favor of the OSS models. While I like my new .45 24/7 OSS, I am not sorry I bought my 9mm 24/7 Pro with the Standard Barrel Length. Perhaps the prices will come down some when the newer OSS models become more prevalent, but with the continuing slide of the US Dollar, I wouldn't count on it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
texastaurusguy said:
I don't know if anybody else knows, but I'm starting to see the newer 24/7 Pro with the ambi safety and DECOCKER. Pretty sweet gun, and it does cost considerably more than a regular 24/7 Pro. About $120 more, at least here.
where did you find them?

·
Registered
48 Posts
i just settled on the 24/7 pro, 4in stainless, but i did consider the "standard" long slide and couldn't find any so a call to taurus cust serv was in order. they said that they only shipped about 1000 standard long slides before the OSS model came into production. they said that they don't intend on making anymore "standard" models. i asked why the big price difference and he said novak sights, reversable mag release, ambi safety, decocker, and a match grade barrell.

·
Administrator
35,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a gun shop over in Plano. Are you in the DFW area?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is this a flaw in the Pro series and are we able to retro the previous Pro models to the newer decocking model?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Second_Life said:
Is this a flaw in the Pro series and are we able to retro the previous Pro models to the newer decocking model?
I would like to see that myself. Kind of concerned about having a round in the chamber with the striker pulled back. Would much rather have it decocked and use the DA for a first shot, should the need arise.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I paid $369 for my 24/7 Pro C DS 45 in stainless steel. I love the de-cock feature. I just bought it yesterday.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here's from the 24/7 Pro Manual: http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/pt247pro_ds.pdf If you look at pages 12:18 it pretty much explains the decocker! I always have a round in the chamber with the striker pulled back! I even dropped it once! It never went off! The Taurus Safety system is top of the line! The safety works great! Taurus put a lot of effort into the safety of thier firearms, however, once you take that Safety off, All bets are off!
Be Safe!

·
Administrator
17,669 Posts
Just goes to show how badly that website is set up! The 24/7 Pro DS Models, Compact and Standard, are not even shown, and I doubt there are really any OSS models, so marked, in the Standard Barrel length. Yeeeesh! :eek: :mad:
http://www.taurususa.com/products/gunselector-results.cfm?series=OSS

Guess I'm going to have to break down and get some new batteries for my Crystal Ball! LOL!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts