Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.. Just bought a secondhand Taurus 669, 357mag, 6" barrel, blued. Very nice to shoot, very accurate, very clean and tight action. Tried Taurus search profile to check serial number but I just get an error message (the serial number is only five digits and no letters).

Any suggestions as to how best to proceed?

By the way, I live in a little place called the Isle of Man. It is part of Great Britain, but it is NOT part of the United Kingdom.. therefore we are fortunate enough not to have the UK handgun ban forced on us..!! I shoot all manner of stuff; I have 2x.22, a .243, .308 and five 12g shotguns of varying types.

·
Administrator
39,720 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

A call to Taurus might get you the info you’re looking for.

·
Super Moderator
36,042 Posts
Welcome from this side of the pond in the northern part of Illinois! The politicians here are working hard to make us look like the UK. It sounds like you folks safeguard your freedoms!

·
Super Moderator
36,042 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :hand26:

A call to Taurus might get you the info you’re looking for.

Maybe the chat line is a better answer for someone up in the Irish Sea!

·
Registered
24,610 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota, USA.

·
Registered
18,813 Posts
:smile: Hi and welcome aboard from nw Pennsylvania, USA! :hello:

·
Premium Member
4,211 Posts
Welcome aboard, or abroad as the case may be. As suggested above, I'd try the Taurus chat from their web site. If they are no help, I'd contact the HQ in Brazil, as your weapon is likely unknown to the American customer service people.

I always am interested to hear perspectives from around the world. Since you do have your own government, what gun laws do you have in place?

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome, from the Rust Belt USA....

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
to the forum from the Florida Keys!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In answer to your question regarding our gun laws.. well, I guess I could explain it in a couple of hours but it would probably take you a week for it to sink in, become less confused and, in the end, throw up your hands and exclaim.. "We're all doomed..!!". But I'll try to be succinct...

Best to consider this for ALL of GB.. Firstly we have the notion of "GOOD REASON". This means you have to prove you have a good reason to want shotguns or firearms. This is covered by Pest and vermin control, target shooting or deer stalking. OK, SHOTGUNS: are classed as Section 2 and cover O/U's, side-by-sides, semi-auto and pump. Now with O/U's and side by sides you're limited to two cartridges at a time. With Semi autos and pumps you can only have three cartridges loaded. One in the chamber and two in the mag. More than this (and the mag has to be specifically extended for purpose) and it's no longer a Section 2, it becomes Section 1.. a firearm..!!

RIFLES: Classed as Section 1 (Firearms) Bolt or semi-auto..?? Well you can have both. BUT.. you can only have semi auto in .22LR. All other calibre semi autos were banned in 1987. You can own nearly all calibre of bolt action rifle up to and including .50 cal.

You can find out the whole truck load of info here.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_regulation_in_the_United_Kingdom Please don't bill me for the medication you may need after reading it... LOL !!

We are fortunate enough to have good friends down in Mississippi and Louisiana.. great fun there visiting gun shops and ranges.. and hell, just shooting off the back porch..!! (Full auto AR last October.. cool stuff, even for a 22 year veteran like me..!!)

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Hello from KY.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Greetings.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts