Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and need some advice. The trigger on my G3C is heavier than I like and has a bit of overtravel. I'm not sure what to do about it. Has anyone had some experience with aftermarket triggers? I haven't seen too many available so I'm curious what some customers think. The trigger breaking so far back doesn't really bother me since I cut my teeth on DA revolvers. I have two Taurus pistols. The first is a TX22 that I got prepandemic, paid 230 for it and then I found a TX22 competition kit in stock at ShopTaurus. So for 430 bucks I have a versatile pistol that I can switch back and forth as needed. (Top that Sig 322). The second is the G3C TORO. I bought my first handgun in 1977 when I turned 21 so I've been around a while. I'd prefer the trigger job option if possible but I'm no gunsmith and don't want to screw anything up. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
G3C T.O.R.O.
524 Posts
Welcome to the forum from KY! These are relatively inexpensive guns, so forget about an Apex trigger or some other big name. BUT, you can reduce the overtravel a lot by installing a Keep tinkering trigger. It will NOT reduce the pull weight, and you can get it with or without the second-strike capability, and best of all it's cheap. they really aren't hard to install, but you do need some pin punches. I will post a link to his site, and he has videos on how to install them using simple tools. Keep Tinkering | Taurus Performance Triggers

You may not like red, but this is how they look (red is an option BTW)

Air gun Sleeve Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun

·
Registered
10,863 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Before you modify your weapon take a careful look at laws in your area. IIRC it was a video on Armed Attorneys that addressed mods to weapons and noted in many cases it can really backfire on you in the case of an actual defense shooting. Especially those mods in the actual mechanics and firing of the weapon

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Keep Tinkering is the way to go. CHANGE the spring also on the G3c and the G3 though.....only $5 extra
Air gun Trigger Mammal Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before you modify your weapon take a careful look at laws in your area. IIRC it was a video on Armed Attorneys that addressed mods to weapons and noted in many cases it can really backfire on you in the case of an actual defense shooting. Especially those mods in the actual mechanics and firing of the weapon
You might want to check out some of the things that Massad Ayoob has to say on that very subject. It's usually not a good Idea to disconnect any sort of safety device but a trigger job within reason is usually defensible in court. What you want to avoid is lowering the pull weight to the point that a prosecutor could potentially make an accusation of a hair trigger. In a self defense shooting it is one thing to fire a deliberate shot but an accidental shot is much harder to defend. It changes the legal argument from self defense to manslaughter. 4 to 5 lbs. is generally considered to be the sweet spot. I live in Indiana and we're a pro 2A state. Unfortunately I live in a liberal college town so ... To be honest that's all I really want to do. Lower the pull weight to around 4.5 lbs. and smooth it out some. That would make the overtravel easier to deal with. I like the gun. I've got around 1k rounds through it so far, and it's eaten everything I've put in it. There is one magazine that lets the top cartridge nosedive and stick, (out of 7 mags), but load it with 11 and it's been 100%. I'll write a thread sometime about all the bad Smiths, Colts, and Ruger autos that I've had down through the years. Lengthy.

·
Registered
G3C T.O.R.O.
524 Posts
These do NOT reduce pull weight. KT also has different profiles for different sized hands, that's why I got the more forward model for my large hands. I put a trigger in my CZ, and now a couple of years later, they offer the gun with the same trigger, the "Pro" model. No reduction in pull weight on it either, just a lot shorter.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here!" Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts