Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I've been in the market for a new gun for ccw, and I had every intention of buying a Sig (I wanted something different than what I've owned before). I've never owned a Taurus, although I know lots of folks who have over the years. A few days ago, a co-worker showed me his new PT709 Slim, and I was really impressed with the way it looked, and the apparent quality...much better than what I remember back in the early days.

Anyway, went to a big LGS yesterday, but after looking at the Sig I was interested in, I couldn't bring myself to shell out big-bucks for it. While looking at their used guns, a 145SP Millennium Pro caught my eye. It felt great in my hand, and had no blemishes on the slide...unlike the brand-new Sig I looked at. I've got lots of experience with guns, but I've never owned (or even fired) a .45, so I brought it home. I'm going to put 50 rounds through it out in the back yard this afternoon, and am really looking forward to it. :)

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas where the West Begins.. I think you will love your new 45.....I know my PT145 is very easy to carry and is wonderful to shoot.. and again Welcome to the greatest forum around...

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your PT145 purchase! You will have to post pics and a range review on your new Taurus!

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
:wave:Welcome from Port Richey Fl.Congrats on the PT145.I carry a pt 145 Gen.3 every day.I have not had any problems with it.like the 10+1 rounds and have put about 300 rounds down range.Let me know what ammo your firing.I so far have only used 230 grain HP and FMJ but Iam interested in how other rounds work.Good shootin and keep in the 10X.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Good to have Ya here as this is the World's Best Forum.

Gotta love the .45 ACP!!

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
29,862 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state.:cool:

Congratulations on your PT145, one of my all time favorite concealed carry pieces.

You're gonna love it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I'm not sure what ammo I'm going to ultimately use, but for testing and familiarization, I'm going with Federal 230-grain FMJ el-cheapo...I think it was $18 for a box of 50. In fact, I'm loading up and heading out to the back yard right now. :D

·
Administrator
39,506 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico, I hope you enjoy your new gun.

·
Super Moderator
35,729 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois! I have the PT145 SS and I like it a lot.

Watch out though, once you let the .45 ACP into the family, it's going to demand that you get it's cousin the PT1911 to keep it company and after that.....who ______ knows?? :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well, I just put 40-rounds through it, and all I can say is that this thing rocks! The vast majority of my recent experience is with a .40 caliber Glock (Model 22), and the recoil with my 145sp is much less than I expected...much less. I did have a failure-to-feed on round number 32, but I'm going to reserve judgement until I've put 200 or so rounds though it...could just be a break-in issue, cause I don't think this gun has been fired much.

I'm impressed with .45...tore the hell out of the cardboard box I was using for a target. :)

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Hello and welcome from Southeast Tennessee;;

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Welcome from Lapeer,Michigan.:wave: