Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the Tundra of Wisconsin.
Fresh member, just wanted to say hello and great site!
Finally a place where I can get opinions etc. re. Taurus without all the B.S. bashing that goes on at other sites.
Will be purchasing a 24/7 Pro LS in .40 or a 24/7 OSS .45 this week.
Can't wait.
Later, olhogg

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome from NE. PA...

Originally from Wisconsin.... Port Washington area.... moved to PA about 5 years ago...

lots of nice people here and good in...

GO PACK GO

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Welcome From Arizona.....olhogg :wave: Glad that you are here..look around and have fun

·
Administrator
39,686 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Olhogg, welcome from Tulsa Oklahoma! You are on a good forum now! ;D

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
olhogg, welcome to Taurus Armed from Vegas!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the welcomes, but I have a confession to make. I spent several hours yesterday at a big box sporting goods store with my oldest son and handled ( actually fondled ) several PT 1911's and now I have decided that I must have one! The purchase of the 24/7 or OSS will have to be put on the back burner for a short time while I sneak the 1911 past the war department. Why you may ask do I have to sneak a new gun into my own house. In this case it is most likely due to purchasing a new revolver today on the way home from paying our taxes. Sure hope my Uncle Sam doesn't cash my check before the guy at the local gun shop deposits the one I gave him.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Welcome from one of your neighbors to the west. You should be happy with the 1911 or the 24/7 OSS. I don't think you can go wrong.

·
Registered
66 Posts
olhogg said:
Thanks for all the welcomes, but I have a confession to make. I spent several hours yesterday at a big box sporting goods store with my oldest son and handled ( actually fondled ) several PT 1911's and now I have decided that I must have one! The purchase of the 24/7 or OSS will have to be put on the back burner for a short time while I sneak the 1911 past the war department.
It may not make much sense but, and I suppose because of having used them in the U. S. Navy, I always thought a basic 1911 should be made by Colt or Springfield - or get a high quality one like a Wilson - just my totally unfounded and uneducated thoughts on it. I think 1911s are great but I wouldn't give up my new OSS for a Taurus PT 1911. I would definitely give it up for a new Colt or Springfield 1911. Or a Wilson. :) but then I'd buy another OSS anyway. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts